Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Detroit Tigers

  1. #61
    Banned All-Star
    Posts
    1,498
    Like
    419
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post

    Answer for Quote 2: Do you not see that Gardy plays subs and changes lineups and positions constantly? How many different lineups in the first 20 games this season, 17, 18? Was that out of necessity? Gardy has always played backups way too much and moved lineups and positions all around.
    Honestly, I've always felt that Gardy doesn't play backups enough. It was painful to watch Parmelee rot on the bench. Casilla could have played more in my opinion(It's ok Chief... Just a little more).

    I thnk Hughes and Burroughs were thrown away(maybe they should have been) with no playing time to prove themselves while Danny V. Meekly played 3B every day.

    I don't want the same lineup everyday. Even star players slump. Even .220 hitters get hot. You miss out on Descalso while you wait for Granderson to turn it around.

    Over the course of 162 games... You have a roster of 25. Use them all.

    if Revere is going through a tough stretch. It's Ok to play Mastro for a while. Competition is created in such ways.

    Its an eye of the beholder thing. I honestly feel that Gardy needs to use his bench more and in different ways but still think he's a good manager overall.
    there you admiting you have a problem is your 1st step to recovery ,( now as you hum the 3 blind mice song) always remember and never forget , the 3 stooges are not good at what they do , larry gardenhire was a good coach for tom kelly , twins win dispite larry being the manager
    curly , ryan was a good cross checking scout , he made 1 lucky trade in aj and has done nothing sence
    moe st pete , a media major (not even a real bean counter) did well selling broken kirby pucket bats , while running the souviner shop
    untill you realise where we could be with quality people steering the ship you will stay in denile ...

    good luck with your recovery

  2. #62
    Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Posts
    2,379
    Like
    249
    Liked 191 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    What about Shemp?

  3. #63
    Super Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    7,042
    Like
    1,189
    Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post

    Answer for Quote 2: Do you not see that Gardy plays subs and changes lineups and positions constantly? How many different lineups in the first 20 games this season, 17, 18? Was that out of necessity? Gardy has always played backups way too much and moved lineups and positions all around.
    Honestly, I've always felt that Gardy doesn't play backups enough. It was painful to watch Parmelee rot on the bench. Casilla could have played more in my opinion(It's ok Chief... Just a little more).

    I thnk Hughes and Burroughs were thrown away(maybe they should have been) with no playing time to prove themselves while Danny V. Meekly played 3B every day.

    I don't want the same lineup everyday. Even star players slump. Even .220 hitters get hot. You miss out on Descalso while you wait for Granderson to turn it around.

    Over the course of 162 games... You have a roster of 25. Use them all.

    if Revere is going through a tough stretch. It's Ok to play Mastro for a while. Competition is created in such ways.

    Its an eye of the beholder thing. I honestly feel that Gardy needs to use his bench more and in different ways but still think he's a good manager overall.
    there you admiting you have a problem is your 1st step to recovery ,( now as you hum the 3 blind mice song) always remember and never forget , the 3 stooges are not good at what they do , larry gardenhire was a good coach for tom kelly , twins win dispite larry being the manager
    curly , ryan was a good cross checking scout , he made 1 lucky trade in aj and has done nothing sence
    moe st pete , a media major (not even a real bean counter) did well selling broken kirby pucket bats , while running the souviner shop
    untill you realise where we could be with quality people steering the ship you will stay in denile ...

    good luck with your recovery
    I'm Ok with the Kool-Aid. It took me awhile but I realized over time that other people have their own opinions. When it comes to the Twins... I'm wrong frequently but I like trying to play along like others. Some people are simply more informed than others. Some take solid information and use it well and some take solid information and use it badly. How does the Twins Brass use solid information... I don't know!!!

    The majority of us... Not blessed with a ton of inside information... Some of us take second hand information and incomplete information or no information and strongly toss half baked accusations as if they were an actual part of the machinery (which they are not). They find a few uninformed like minds and find a few others who take a different route and find similiar conclusions who use a different kind of uninformed math to arrive at the same or similiar conclusion.

    Others... use second hand information and incomplete information or no information and come back with a very uninformed supportive viewpoint and can be quite forceful with those conclusions as well. This is my side of the coin and I'm happy to drink the Kool Aid.

    There are some like me... Who feel a lot better about things assuming that someone has a job to do and is attempting to do it regardless of weather it fits my opinion and my opinion is different than other opinions. I can be forceful in my opinions but they are as half baked as anyone else.

    I do try to assume that the people in charge are not sitting around playing "Angry Birds" on their IPAD all day.

    I try to assume that they have scouts and they get reports and they read and filter them. I try to assume that a network of coaches are working to improve the club from the ground up every day and each of the coaches are more qualified than 99.9% of us. I try to assume that they are working with actual information and a gameplan.

    I also assume that you are nowhere close to this level on the informational food chain but yet you seem to be more cocksure than most on this site and even more cocksure than the ones with the actual information.

    Everyone is different. You can't please everyone. I realize that in this life... Some are better than others and some are worse and that will be true with the Twins brass as well... I don't have enough inside information to conclude where exactly Ryan, Gardenhire, St. Peter, Smith, Anderson, Pohlad, Brunansky, Mauer and the medical staff rank on the better or worse scale but I assume that they are spending more time on it than any of us... Including you... .

    I am assuming that your LARRY,MOE AND CURLY attacks are based in nothing of substance. I am also assuming that nothing I have typed here will make a bit of difference in your mind since you are already completely cooked.

    29 teams do not win the World Series Every Single Year. I'm not sure what I need to recover from? The team has some work to do let's see what happens!

  4. #64
    Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    2,932
    Like
    472
    Liked 614 Times in 329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post

    Answer for Quote 2: Do you not see that Gardy plays subs and changes lineups and positions constantly? How many different lineups in the first 20 games this season, 17, 18? Was that out of necessity? Gardy has always played backups way too much and moved lineups and positions all around.
    Honestly, I've always felt that Gardy doesn't play backups enough. It was painful to watch Parmelee rot on the bench. Casilla could have played more in my opinion(It's ok Chief... Just a little more).

    I thnk Hughes and Burroughs were thrown away(maybe they should have been) with no playing time to prove themselves while Danny V. Meekly played 3B every day.

    I don't want the same lineup everyday. Even star players slump. Even .220 hitters get hot. You miss out on Descalso while you wait for Granderson to turn it around.

    Over the course of 162 games... You have a roster of 25. Use them all.

    if Revere is going through a tough stretch. It's Ok to play Mastro for a while. Competition is created in such ways.

    Its an eye of the beholder thing. I honestly feel that Gardy needs to use his bench more and in different ways but still think he's a good manager overall.
    there you admiting you have a problem is your 1st step to recovery ,( now as you hum the 3 blind mice song) always remember and never forget , the 3 stooges are not good at what they do , larry gardenhire was a good coach for tom kelly , twins win dispite larry being the manager
    curly , ryan was a good cross checking scout , he made 1 lucky trade in aj and has done nothing sence
    moe st pete , a media major (not even a real bean counter) did well selling broken kirby pucket bats , while running the souviner shop
    untill you realise where we could be with quality people steering the ship you will stay in denile ...

    good luck with your recovery
    Spell check is a great application, if someone could only come up with a "make sense" program, we'd all be able to understand Johnny.

  5. #65
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer 70charger's Avatar
    Posts
    931
    Like
    72
    Liked 56 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Spell check is a great application, if someone could only come up with a "make sense" program, we'd all be able to understand Johnny.
    I tried that, but it kept deleting everything johnnydakota said.

  6. #66
    Banned All-Star
    Posts
    1,498
    Like
    419
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post

    Answer for Quote 2: Do you not see that Gardy plays subs and changes lineups and positions constantly? How many different lineups in the first 20 games this season, 17, 18? Was that out of necessity? Gardy has always played backups way too much and moved lineups and positions all around.
    Honestly, I've always felt that Gardy doesn't play backups enough. It was painful to watch Parmelee rot on the bench. Casilla could have played more in my opinion(It's ok Chief... Just a little more).

    I thnk Hughes and Burroughs were thrown away(maybe they should have been) with no playing time to prove themselves while Danny V. Meekly played 3B every day.

    I don't want the same lineup everyday. Even star players slump. Even .220 hitters get hot. You miss out on Descalso while you wait for Granderson to turn it around.

    Over the course of 162 games... You have a roster of 25. Use them all.

    if Revere is going through a tough stretch. It's Ok to play Mastro for a while. Competition is created in such ways.

    Its an eye of the beholder thing. I honestly feel that Gardy needs to use his bench more and in different ways but still think he's a good manager overall.
    there you admiting you have a problem is your 1st step to recovery ,( now as you hum the 3 blind mice song) always remember and never forget , the 3 stooges are not good at what they do , larry gardenhire was a good coach for tom kelly , twins win dispite larry being the manager
    curly , ryan was a good cross checking scout , he made 1 lucky trade in aj and has done nothing sence
    moe st pete , a media major (not even a real bean counter) did well selling broken kirby pucket bats , while running the souviner shop
    untill you realise where we could be with quality people steering the ship you will stay in denile ...

    good luck with your recovery
    I'm Ok with the Kool-Aid. It took me awhile but I realized over time that other people have their own opinions. When it comes to the Twins... I'm wrong frequently but I like trying to play along like others. Some people are simply more informed than others. Some take solid information and use it well and some take solid information and use it badly. How does the Twins Brass use solid information... I don't know!!!

    The majority of us... Not blessed with a ton of inside information... Some of us take second hand information and incomplete information or no information and strongly toss half baked accusations as if they were an actual part of the machinery (which they are not). They find a few uninformed like minds and find a few others who take a different route and find similiar conclusions who use a different kind of uninformed math to arrive at the same or similiar conclusion.

    Others... use second hand information and incomplete information or no information and come back with a very uninformed supportive viewpoint and can be quite forceful with those conclusions as well. This is my side of the coin and I'm happy to drink the Kool Aid.

    There are some like me... Who feel a lot better about things assuming that someone has a job to do and is attempting to do it regardless of weather it fits my opinion and my opinion is different than other opinions. I can be forceful in my opinions but they are as half baked as anyone else.

    I do try to assume that the people in charge are not sitting around playing "Angry Birds" on their IPAD all day.

    I try to assume that they have scouts and they get reports and they read and filter them. I try to assume that a network of coaches are working to improve the club from the ground up every day and each of the coaches are more qualified than 99.9% of us. I try to assume that they are working with actual information and a gameplan.

    I also assume that you are nowhere close to this level on the informational food chain but yet you seem to be more cocksure than most on this site and even more cocksure than the ones with the actual information.

    Everyone is different. You can't please everyone. I realize that in this life... Some are better than others and some are worse and that will be true with the Twins brass as well... I don't have enough inside information to conclude where exactly Ryan, Gardenhire, St. Peter, Smith, Anderson, Pohlad, Brunansky, Mauer and the medical staff rank on the better or worse scale but I assume that they are spending more time on it than any of us... Including you... .

    I am assuming that your LARRY,MOE AND CURLY attacks are based in nothing of substance. I am also assuming that nothing I have typed here will make a bit of difference in your mind since you are already completely cooked.

    29 teams do not win the World Series Every Single Year. I'm not sure what I need to recover from? The team has some work to do let's see what happens!
    well you said you happily drink the kool-aide, ok many articles have stated ryan is old school ,he has said while speaking to sabr he doesnt understand all the stats and that at times has problems turning on his computer....he made 1 lucky trade and has lived on that for years....
    its just time for new blood in this organisation ... i believe everyone is entitled to there opinion .as for my bad spellin and grammar , either delete my posts,dont read them or get over it
    go twins

  7. #67
    Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,080
    Like
    97
    Liked 342 Times in 195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    i believe everyone is entitled to there opinion .as for my bad spellin and grammar , either delete my posts,dont read them or get over it go twins
    The problem isn't your opinions. The problem is your style of sharing them causes nasal hemorrhaging. Clean up your posts, articulate yourself, and you may find your opinion very much appreciated. But it won't be in this ridiculous manner you've been posting. Nothing but constructive criticism because it doesn't pay to be posting in a message board if you can't actually communicate your message.

  8. #68
    Super Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    7,042
    Like
    1,189
    Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Old School... What does that mean?
    Is it possible that someone else in the organization he trusts understands SABR metrics.
    Problems turning on a computer... Could that be a joke? Does it mean the entire organizations is carving notes on to boulders stored in a real heavy duty filing cabinet?
    1 lucky trade... How do you know it was luck? When you say that he lived on that for years... Are you saying that one lucky trade produced multiple AL central pennants.

    Never mind... For you... The above questions are rhetorical.

    Time for new blood in the organization? Maybe... I don't know... I'll give you that... That point isn't unreasonable... It's how you come to that conclusion that is unreasonable and your Larry, Curly and Moe routine makes you seem like someone not deep enough to understand the dialogue and plot lines of the actual three stooges.

    The Twins organization is staffed by a lot of people in various roles. I'm pretty sure that inside the walls... away from public view. You have differences of opinion on players and the price of hot dogs. Just like any other business across the world. Just like the difference of opinion on Twins Daily... A GM doesn't do it alone. He relies on his staff and he filters. You don't know where it comes from. Do you know the scouts by name? Have you sat down and discussed the talent of Dallas MacPherson with any of them? Is there a Johnny Dakota nameplate positioned at the table in the meeting room? Terry Ryan doesn't live inside a steel vault cut off from knowledgeable people who have been involved in professional baseball for years. There is no point in employing as many as they do without them having skills and input.

    If you can't accept anything I'm saying... At least accept this... If you want to blame someone and clearly you do because it comes bursting out of you like water rushing toward Johnstown. Blame the Owner. The owner hires the people who hire the people. At least get that straight!!!

    If the owner hired you for GM... It would be pointless to throw garbage on you. It was the owner who hired you for a job you couldn't do.

    It's great you have an opinion... I have one as well?

  9. #69
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    883
    Like
    109
    Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    The Tigers continue to add pieces to help their team each offseason and each trade deadline.

    Cabrera, Scherzer, Fielder, Sanchez, Fister, Martinez, Hunter, Jackson, Benoit, Dotel.

    Who says you have to develop players to build a winner? To think all they had to give up for these guys was cash, Andrew Miller, Cameron Maybin, Casper Wells, and Granderson.

    When the Tigers were near record setting ****ty they went out and signed guys like Ordonez and Pudge to send a message that they weren't satisfied with being terrible. Those two ended up being key pieces when the Tigers turned it around and they've just added to it.

  10. #70
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,232
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by winston smith View Post
    tigers have won 20 playoff games with 2 trips to the world series since the last twins playoff game win.
    wow!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.