Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Aaron Hicks' stock will be rising this offseason

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lein View Post
    I'm like Shane, I think Hicks only fell to #3 on my prospect list at the beginning of this year (He was #1 the 2 years prior). He's a guy where when you see him amongst all his teammates, you'd have a really hard time saying someone else looked more athletic. Then there's his CF defense, which you can't dismiss (Dirty Little Secret: He covers even more ground in CF than Ben Revere can). What I saw in his hitting numbers as he "struggled" was a guy who would put it all together if he just swung the bat more often, which I think he did this year. Also not mentioned, was the increased havoc he brought to the basepaths this year. He had 60 SB in his first 4 seasons combined, swiping them at a 65% success rate. This year he swiped 32, at a 74% success rate. Best thing development-wise this year was seeing his drastic Lefty-Righty splits disappear completely, and he was actually better from the left side than right (.282 from left, .277 from right), though he still shows more power when batting righty.
    I would still put him at #3 behind Sano/Buxton. Everything I have read is elite CF defense and plus arm. This, combined with the .760 OPS kab mentioned is a really good player.
    Papers...business papers.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Nate Roberts' showing thus far in AZ Fall League bodes well for the team's outfield depth. Trades involving one or 2 in this "depth" need to happen.

One thing that helped him stay high on the Twin's propect list was the lack of other prospects.

Ratings are overrated

Who cares where BA or any other "expert" places Hicks on thier mythical lists? The only issue that matters is whether or not he'll be able to patrol center field at Target Field and hit like a major leaguer. I'm far more interested in the adjustments made to his hitting stance and the success of said adjustments.

The reason players drop is because there are new shiny toys that have neither proven or disproven themselves. All of those who "rank" want to be able to claim that they saw it all along. When a player like Hicks doesn't have immediate success, then he is dropped.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Aaron Hicks is a 1st round pick...a 1st round pick that will be starting his 6th season in the minors. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Liked 33 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    Aaron Hicks is a 1st round pick...a 1st round pick that will be starting his 6th season in the minors. Maybe that has something to do with it.
    You mean his 6th season at the age of 23, right? It's not like he's old.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    You mean his 6th season at the age of 23, right? It's not like he's old.
    Didn't say he was old, did I? But there's no rule he has to be 24-27 before he's promoted is there? I'm trying to give the person who asked a good reason as to why he's dropped in the prospect rankings. I'm throwing out the possibility that maybe BA sees he was drafted in the first round 5 seasons ago still and he isn't ready for the majors according to his own team. In fact, he hasn't seen AAA yet. That might play a part into why he had dropped in the prospect rankings.
    Last edited by ThePuck; 10-22-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 183 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam Bot View Post
    Everyone likes hot dogs, why not four?
    New deal get four for one price at four franks.net.
    Why not get four?
    -Spam Bot
    Post of the year

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Why not get four?
    -Spam Bot
    Post of the year
    From what I have read of Dave's posts I would believe he is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Why not get four?
    -Spam Bot
    Post of the year
    Haha agreed.
    BYTO R.I.P.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12