Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twins name 3 to coaching staff

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think some may be instinctively being a bit harsh in their evaluation of these changes.Bobby Cuellar has had a couple of tours of duty in the Twins minor league system, but he's also spent a lot of time in other organizations, including duty at the Major League level with the Expos, Rangers and Pirates. People think Brunansky is an "insider" because they remember him playing for the Twins, but from the time he was traded in 1988 until he was hired to coach hitters for the GCL rookie level Twins midway through 2010, he was not part of the organization and from all appearances, he's been a great addition. Steinbach played for (and won a WS ring under) Tony LaRussa with the Athletics long before he even put on a Twins uniform. I think just labeling these three coaches as "more of the same" is being a bit short-sighted and unfair to them.

Glynn was brought in specifically to address the problem of AAA players not being fundamentally sound when they got called up, but he's not the only guy with experience outside the Twins organization.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

I think it is the right move to keep Glynn at Rochester. I'm not looking at it from the opinion it keeps Gardy from having someone looking over his shoulder, but rather I see it as having someone experienced at AAA who knows how to develop players and has made Rochester into a much better team.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123