Thread: Former Twin Randy Bush gets three-year extension

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Former Twin Randy Bush gets three-year extension

According to Carrie Muskat, the mlb.com beat writer for the Cubs, mentioned on Twitter that former Twins OF/DH /PH Randy Bush received a 3-year contract extension to remain the Cubs' Assistant General Manager.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Cool. He always seemed like a good guy.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bottom of the fourth inning, game 2, 1987 World Series. Twins come into the inning with a 1-0 lead. They load the bases with one out and Randy Bush up. Bush lines an 0-2 pitch into the right-field corner for a double, plating Kirby Puckett and Kent Hrbek, to give the Twins a 3-0 lead.

Two batters later, again with the bases loaded, Tim Laudner lines a single into left field. Gaetti scores easily from third-base and Bush tries to follow him from second. Cardinals' left-fielder Vince Coleman has a weak arm but, this time, his throw is right on the money. Bush makes a great head-first slide to the outside of the plate, reaching in to touch home, barely eluding Tony Pena's tag. 5-0 Twins.

The Twins plate two more in the inning, giving starter Bert Blyleven a 7-0 lead.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I had read previously that they really like the work he is doing there. It wouldn't surprise me to see him as a GM somewhere soon.

Liked 1,087 Times in 489 Posts
    Randy Bush.

I got nothin', I just like saying...randy bush.

Randy Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Bush makes a great head-first slide to the outside of the plate, reaching in to touch home, barely eluding Tony Pena's tag. 5-0 Twins.
    I think I was 8 when I saw that head-first slide into home. I remember copying it while playing kickball at school. Of course, now I know better than to slide head-first into home. But as a kid, it was awesome!