Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Lincecum?

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    [QUOTE=old nurse;59964]
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post

with curlys track record on trades he would screw up trading span sano and gibson for wells, he would throw in an extra 100 million to pay for there future payroll..when will people realise terry is the problem ...not the answer
    can anyone tell me the last time curly made a good trade?
    If you even bothered to remember AJ for Nathan and Liriano worked out pretty good, Romero for Casilla wasn't exactly a bad trade. Picking up Castillo and Stewart for very little worked out. Trading for decent minor leaguers or players with 1-2 years service has been Ryan's specialty. Trading veterans after their fifth season was also what he did. For what Ryan traded in the past he did not have leading up to 2012.
    When you're cutting and pasting quotes, get 'em correct. That isn't my quote you've attributed to me.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    [QUOTE=USAFChief;60058]
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post

with curlys track record on trades he would screw up trading span sano and gibson for wells, he would throw in an extra 100 million to pay for there future payroll..when will people realise terry is the problem ...not the answer
    can anyone tell me the last time curly made a good trade?
    If you even bothered to remember AJ for Nathan and Liriano worked out pretty good, Romero for Casilla wasn't exactly a bad trade. Picking up Castillo and Stewart for very little worked out. Trading for decent minor leaguers or players with 1-2 years service has been Ryan's specialty. Trading veterans after their fifth season was also what he did. For what Ryan traded in the past he did not have leading up to 2012.
    When you're cutting and pasting quotes, get 'em correct. That isn't my quote you've attributed to me.
    the aj trade was a fluke , curly stated several times he only makes the trade if boof bonser is included. as the boofster is the key player in the deal and the other thing is how many years ago was that trade?
    as for cutting and pasting i just clicked on quotes then typed if the system screwd up dont blame me

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    so your saying trading a left handed reliever with an era of 3.12 to the angels 15th rank middle infielder was good
    as for stewart he was being given away..what did he get for antana? or hardy? or thome...and before you say it yes bill smith had the title ,but curly had the final say on every trade and transaction....so with garza and delmon and ortiz and and and and whay good is curly ....

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 342 Times in 195 Posts
    Holy gods dude, take an extra minute or two and make sure what you're posting is intelligible.

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    so your saying trading a left handed reliever with an era of 3.12 to the angels 15th rank middle infielder was good
    as for stewart he was being given away..what did he get for antana? or hardy? or thome...and before you say it yes bill smith had the title ,but curly had the final say on every trade and transaction....so with garza and delmon and ortiz and and and and whay good is curly ....
    Well said, as usual.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    How do you know Ryan had the final say with the trades of Santana, Hardy, Young and Thome? Pure unsubstantiated conjecture on your part. Why need truth when you can make it up?
    Romero is a journeyman with one good year. Giving up on average 1.5 baserunners and a 3.5 ERA for a reliever is a great must have reliever? Why then is Matt Capps vilified? Casillas skill set was observable, his brain for consistency as a major leaguer not.
    Ortiz left as a free agent. He was acquired and performed well for little of nothing.
    When players have shown up in Gardenhire's doghouse their trade value becomes nil. That is the problem with Gardenhire's doghouse being so public. It hamstrings the GM.
    Last edited by old nurse; 10-27-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    [

Sorry for the misediting. But if you think what johnnydakota had to say was well said I really hope that was the sarcasm you have shown in the past.
    Last edited by old nurse; 10-27-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12