Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Twins re-signed Baker

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 386 Times in 201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Speaking of which...has anyone heard from thrylos since the hurricane? Do we know he made it through safely? Seriously.
    I'm sure he is fine, Leigh Valley is pretty far inland.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Speaking of which...has anyone heard from thrylos since the hurricane? Do we know he made it through safely? Seriously.
    I traded messages with Thrylos earlier today. He's short of heat, power and water, but other than that, he's fine.

Liked 3,167 Times in 1,356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    I traded messages with Thrylos earlier today. He's short of heat, power and water, but other than that, he's fine.
    Thanks.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the concern

I am alright (as John B said). Not much more than a phone these days (charged by my car charger) to connect to the 'net. Lehigh Valley kinda mess these days and have been working with folks and chainsaws to clear roads and stuff. Not too much water like NJ and NY and DE, but lots of trees and power lines down and the such and lots of folks who need help. So that's why I have not responded at this. Now I got a WiFi connection nearby, so here we go.

I still stand by the original post. Did not find more details (hey, got other priorities right now, sorry) but I do stand by it. Baker is a Twin with a 3 year total contact including incentives and options (and I do not know how many incentives and/or options). We will find out the details soon.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Liked 3,167 Times in 1,356 Posts
    Glad to know you're OK. Best wishes with the mess.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Still trying to find out the details (while trying to figure out the hurricane issue here and the stuff that comes with it, too)
    But it looks like this:
    3 year deal with option(s) and incentives. Not certain about the total value (heard a couple of things). Will be announced after the World Series is done.

So that is that. And you will hear the details from the access folks soon (Giants' helping)
    If my electric holds Sandy, I might add more.

Just wanted you all to know.

(and I do not mind this move)
    I think it's time to call this busted. Thrylos claimed the deal was done, which it obviously is not. The claim was not that they are close, or have generals worked out.

I would like to see Baker back, and a 1 year deal with options makes perfect sense.

Glad to hear Thrylos made it through the storm.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Glad to know you're OK. Best wishes with the mess.
    Thanks. Messes will go away soon. At least we did not lose any people around here. Just trees and first world taken-for-granded things. Those things will come back...
    -----

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Dan Gladden View Post
    I think it's time to call this busted. Thrylos claimed the deal was done, which it obviously is not. The claim was not that they are close, or have generals worked out.

I would like to see Baker back, and a 1 year deal with options makes perfect sense.

Thanks.
    As far as the deal goes, I still stand by it. It is done. I would suggest to wait until Baker "signs elsewhere" to call this busted....

Teams take time to announce things (esp. the Twins.) I will give you a recent example from about a year ago: I found out that the Twins agreed with Willingham about a week before it was "made official" last off-season. I tweeted that. Same source with this, btw... Lots of deniers then (because they all loved their "Cuddy"), lots of deniers now. We shall see.
    Last edited by Thrylos; 11-01-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    -----

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

Thanks.
    As far as the deal goes, I still stand by it. It is done. I would suggest to wait until Baker "signs elsewhere" to call this busted....
    Stand away, it's still busted. The deal may be close, it may be exactly as you said, but it is not done. His name is not on the dotted line, which is what you said.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 86 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Teams take time to announce things (esp. the Twins.) I will give you a recent example from about a year ago: I found out that the Twins agreed with Willingham about a week before it was "made official" last off-season. I tweeted that. Same source with this, btw... Lots of deniers then (because they all loved their "Cuddy"), lots of deniers now. We shall see.
    Honest question: What incentive would Baker have to tell reporters that the two sides are "far away" and that he's open to other teams if he'd already signed a contract? I understand that teams have a process for making these things public but that's pretty far-fetched.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Nick
    Not sure about the timing of Baker's quote. When was it reported? And Baker might not have incentives to make such statement but the ones who sign him may like it to make it seem that it was tough.. Not sure what is the story there...

Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the concern

I am alright (as John B said). Not much more than a phone these days (charged by my car charger) to connect to the 'net. Lehigh Valley kinda mess these days and have been working with folks and chainsaws to clear roads and stuff. Not too much water like NJ and NY and DE, but lots of trees and power lines down and the such and lots of folks who need help. So that's why I have not responded at this. Now I got a WiFi connection nearby, so here we go.

I still stand by the original post. Did not find more details (hey, got other priorities right now, sorry) but I do stand by it. Baker is a Twin with a 3 year total contact including incentives and options (and I do not know how many incentives and/or options). We will find out the details soon.
    I am glad that you are OK and hoping that you are correct about Baker.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Nick
    Not sure about the timing of Baker's quote. When was it reported? And Baker might not have incentives to make such statement but the ones who sign him may like it to make it seem that it was tough.. Not sure what is the story there...
    Baker's quote was reported after it was announced that they declined his option.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    My sources are telling me that Josh Hamilton is close to a 6 year contract worth 140 million dollars. Right now, Hamilton is also considering a contract from the Royals, Padres, and Pirates. I am told he is leaning Twins because Minneapolis has the least amount of strip joints and downtown is kind of...eah? (not that great). Baker on the other hand, has not been signed. My sources have said they have no idea how the situation is going and told me there is no indication of any talks going on.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 386 Times in 201 Posts

Thanks.

No, your report is "busted" the minute Baker doesn't sign a 3 year contract. 95% of the people here think, have thought he would resign with the Twins.

Glad to hear you are doing ok, somehow we only got some flooding here in our neighborhood in Brooklyn, we have a lot of friends however who weren't so lucky, a lot of their families lost entire houses and lower Manhattan is an eerie ghost town these days. (and starting to smell)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,590 Times in 827 Posts
    Blog Entries
    and lower Manhattan is an eerie ghost town these days. (and starting to smell)
    How is that any different from a typical day in lower Manhattan?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 134 Times in 82 Posts

No, your report is "busted" the minute Baker doesn't sign a 3 year contract. 95% of the people here think, have thought he would resign with the Twins.
    His report is already busted. Teams don't wait more than a week to announce a done deal. i think it will still happen but if it was truly agreed on then it would have been announced. I highly doubt that they are waiting because they don't want to upstage Hurricane Sandy or the election.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    It's possible that thyros' source overstated how done the deal actually was. Even a source gets some pleasure about being right about something before anyone else, even before there's something to actually be right about.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    It's possible that thyros' source overstated how done the deal actually was. Even a source gets some pleasure about being right about something before anyone else, even before there's something to actually be right about.
    Then the quote should have been:

Sources are telling me that Baker has a 3 year deal with the Twins but it is not quite finalized. Expect an announcement within a few days.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Then the quote should have been:

Sources are telling me that Baker has a 3 year deal with the Twins but it is not quite finalized. Expect an announcement within a few days.
    Oh I agree. I was being somewhat sarcastic.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast