Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sickels: Top 20 Twins Prospects for 2013

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it necessarily indicates a bad system. Buxton was regarded by some as the #1 overall prospect in last year's draft. He would have been top 5 in most organizations. Most of the new guys are in the bottom half of the list. I would agree that the fact that so many of the new guys are pitchers doesn't reflect well on our pitching in the minors, but then we already knew our pitching wasn't good. Part of the high rankings of this year's draft has to be because they were high picks, plus the luster hasn't worn off due to a couple of years in the system Their "warts" haven't started to show.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 132 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve J View Post
    I don't think I'm comfortable with having this many players on the list that were drafted last year. I don't think that's a sign of a strong system.
    that's a pretty lazy analysis especially since the Twins had a lot of high picks last year. You'll also find that many disagree on where to rank the relief arms. If you look at Seth's list you'll see fewer draftees since he doesn't value RP'ers as highly as Sickels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12