Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Youkilis a fit for the Twins

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 31 Times in 25 Posts
    Go with Youk for 2 years and 12-15 million and move Plouffe to 2nd base! Two birds, one stone. Florimon at SS and Carroll at utility infielder. Plouffe's NEVER going to be great defensively, but playing second would hide some of the accuracy issues a little better than at 3rd. Youk had a down year, but he has a pretty solid track record. He is worth the investment/risk, IMO. Wouldn't it be great to see a Twins 2B hitting 20-25 homers? Youk can provide 25 homers still. 50 homers between the two isn't unrealistic.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 344 Times in 168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siehbiscuit View Post
    Go with Youk for 2 years and 12-15 million and move Plouffe to 2nd base! Two birds, one stone. Florimon at SS and Carroll at utility infielder. Plouffe's NEVER going to be great defensively, but playing second would hide some of the accuracy issues a little better than at 3rd. Youk had a down year, but he has a pretty solid track record. He is worth the investment/risk, IMO. Wouldn't it be great to see a Twins 2B hitting 20-25 homers? Youk can provide 25 homers still. 50 homers between the two isn't unrealistic.
    Very much agree with this. Plouffe should have no problem at 2nd being a ss coming up, wait would he have to bat second?
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 385 Times in 215 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Youkilis with bursitis in knee and hip. He is wincing all the time out there, can't run worth a damn, and would need daily cortisone shots probably and lots of breaks and/or DL time. This is a FO that abandoned Hardy because "he was never on the field," they will never spend the money to snap up Youk, thankfully.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Youkilis had a bad season, but if it was a Youk fluke then the contract could pay extreme dividends. High risk, high reward. I personally think he'll rebound and I'd be happy with a 2 year deal. I think his 7 seasons of elite play are much more than what Plouffe has "proven" in a few months.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    Youkilis with bursitis in knee and hip. He is wincing all the time out there, can't run worth a damn, and would need daily cortisone shots probably and lots of breaks and/or DL time. This is a FO that abandoned Hardy because "he was never on the field," they will never spend the money to snap up Youk, thankfully.
    It only takes a month or two for bursitis to go away. Not really a big issue for 2013.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Why does everyone believe Plouffe is set? I am not saying he will bust, but I would like to see more before giving him the job. Sketchy defense, questionable offense... We really don't want to look here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12