Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Orioles Claim Alexi Casilla

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Alexi is another Hardy.

Another Hardy??

Mistaken comparison.....Hardy jacks 20X/yr.....Alexandra Casi-wuss hits it out of infield 20X/yr........Goodbye and good riddance......

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Alexi is another Hardy.
    Hardy hits 20+ jacks/yr.....Alexandra Casi-wuss hits it out of the infield 20X/yr.......think about it.........

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not seeing the basis for all of the angst about this. The guy was given every opportunity to cement himself in a starting role here, and he consistently failed to do so.

He had a few good spurts, but they were always followed by longer, awful spurts.

Too many lackadaisical moments from him to convince me that he brought it every night.

This was his year to prove that he was part of the solution and not part of the problem, and I don't think he did it.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Orioles: Hardy, Casilla, Ford, Thome, Tolleson, Pearce, and Ayala. More? Clearly they like Twins players, so maybe they should be a target for the trade Span crowd.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 386 Times in 201 Posts
    Why are people upset with this? I thought the general consensus is he wasn't worth the money that we would have owed him in arbitration.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 77 Times in 44 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would take Casilla over all the other futile INF options (besides Carroll). He is a great fielder and has plus speed. That alone is worth it. I'm not extremely upset over the deal, but just think the Twins have decided to move on from him. That happens. Hopefully he can excel with the O's and help them compete again next season.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

first off, the move was inevitable....esp after the Escobar trade but.....
    Find it funny that we are claiming players (Roenicke) that teams worse than us dont want, BUT one of baseball's best teams this yr finds use in someone that we cannot find time/use for.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Casilla needed to go. He wasn't getting the job done here. His value is easily replaced for cheaper,

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Wish we would've kept him, generally solid on defense and showed flashes of hitting. Think he's better than Florimon.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    The Orioles: Hardy, Casilla, Ford, Thome, Tolleson, Pearce, and Ayala. More? Clearly they like Twins players, so maybe they should be a target for the trade Span crowd.
    Don't forget the DFA Butera crowd
    (and can anyone believe that the Twins have 4 Cs on the 40-man, including Drew?)
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 505 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hope all of us remember this thread in 20 something years when Casilla is being inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Shame on the Minnesota Twins!

Casilla is ... replaceable. Think Rivas, even Guzman. No upside. He had his chances.

Former Twins with the O's ... well, Thome was a no-brainer, but went a couple of places in-between. Ayala is a headcase. Pearce was a draftee who didn't sign and a spring training invite who didn't get the cut. Ford got lucky. Etc. Etc.

I liked Alexi, but it is time to move on. Wish we were replacing him with, say, Hardy though.
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 198 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Alexi is another Hardy.
    Ha!

Oh sorry, was that a joke?

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good-field/no-hit infielders and good-field/no-power outfielders should rarely cost more than a waiver-wire pickup,, or a sketchy minor-league prospect in trade if he's really solid, and should not be paid more than $1M or so unless you're a deep-pockets team.

I wish Casilla nothing but good luck in the rest of his career but his time with the Twins was clearly up.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Adam Jones and Denard Span are also best friends. It's looking pretty good...

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The only reason for Baltimore to do this is they intend to offer him arbitration, right?

The Twins waited about five years too long. He has no appreciable skills.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    oka
    Last edited by johnnydakota; 11-05-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

hrm

Quote Originally Posted by AM. View Post
    By the end of today, I would like to see Baker and Haren in pinstripes. Is that too much to ask? (Rumors the Twins were in it heavily on Ervin Santana, so Haren would be comparable.)
    You realize that when you say "in pinstripes" everyone thinks you're referring to the Yankees right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast