Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samuel Deduno Outrighted to Rochester

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    hahaha twins need pitching , pitching, and more pitching , then designate there 2nd best starter hahahaha
    Yup, and they didn't lose him (yet, hopefully he doesn't opt to go elsewhere), so he's still around... hopefully there'll be 3-5 better options by spring training.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    hahaha twins need pitching , pitching, and more pitching , then designate there 2nd best starter hahahaha
    Yup, and they didn't lose him (yet, hopefully he doesn't opt to go elsewhere), so he's still around... hopefully there'll be 3-5 better options by spring training.
    Already are 4-5 better options (depends on who is counting) : Diamond, DeVries, Gibson, Hendriks, Baker. But I hope that they get at least 2 pitchers better than Diamond and have DeVries and Hendriks fight for the 5th spot and keep it warm until Gibson is well-rested.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think, with the timing of these moves, that players have longer to decide if they're going to accept their assignment or not. In fact, I think they all have until tomorrow/midnight tonight (or in some cases, longer) to decide if they're going to become minor league free agents or not. I would be surprised if any of them simply accept the assignment. (BA usually releases the list of minor league free agents within a couple of days of free agency starting.)

(After the previous moves - Walters, Waldrop, etc - there was a quote from TR saying he "hoped to re-sign" a couple of them, so I'm under the assumption that if they have the required service time, they'll take the free agency.)

Doesn't Deduno have some health issues? Eyesight issues or dizziness or something? Maybe TR and company didn't like what they saw.

ROC now boasts retread starters Nick Blackburn, Sam Deduno, PJ Walters, Cole DeVries, Pedro Hernandez & probably Kyle Gibson & Liam Hendriks. Doesnt bode well for BJ Hermsen or David Bromberg getting to AAA.
    Hopefully that means they wont sign any more retread pitchers as they've already signed Aaron Thompson & Shairon Martis back also

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 95 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    ROC now boasts retread starters Nick Blackburn, Sam Deduno, PJ Walters, Cole DeVries, Pedro Hernandez & probably Kyle Gibson & Liam Hendriks. Doesnt bode well for BJ Hermsen or David Bromberg getting to AAA.
    Hopefully that means they wont sign any more retread pitchers as they've already signed Aaron Thompson & Shairon Martis back also
    Wouldn't Baker count as a retread? It seems to me that he will likely start at AAA for whoever signs him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12