Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 130

Thread: Election Day

  1. #21
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,173
    Like
    99
    Liked 55 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I agree with you that the ACLU should not be considered a special interest, but suspect that many of my Republican friends might disagree.
    I think the ACLU certainly walks a fine line. They do a great job fighting for rights even when they are unpopular, but I think it's hard not to argue that many members of the ACLU slant towards the left. They also have become a bit more active in rights than defensive of those that exist. At least it seems that way to me.
    A lot of ACLU staff slant libertarian too.

  2. #22
    Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Posts
    1,765
    Like
    141
    Liked 112 Times in 68 Posts
    Bronco Bama wins.

  3. #23
    Super Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    3,384
    Like
    732
    Liked 809 Times in 500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I agree with you that the ACLU should not be considered a special interest, but suspect that many of my Republican friends might disagree.
    I think the ACLU certainly walks a fine line. They do a great job fighting for rights even when they are unpopular, but I think it's hard not to argue that many members of the ACLU slant towards the left. They also have become a bit more active in rights than defensive of those that exist. At least it seems that way to me.
    Still ... I don't call them a special interest group. It's not like they are dumping tons of money into campaigns, or are single-issued.

  4. #24
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,510
    Like
    2,353
    Liked 294 Times in 165 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am glad that Obama has won, and will be praying that he and the Republicans can now find common ground before we go off the fiscal cliff.

  5. #25
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,576
    Like
    7
    Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Is johnnydakota fatbeer's bizzaro cousin?
    johnnydakota's lucid post % is somewhere below Drew Butera's batting average. There are kernels of truth in what he says sometimes. The Bain bit may be correct. "if his mormon cult wont support him why would any real american want a money grubbing 1 %er for a leader of america?" is reasonable. Truly America held their noses and voted the lesser of evils. In something I saw on Salon.com was a comment about Seamus. That is the dog that got a ride on the roof of the car. How Romney treated the dog is exactly how he will treat the public. There is not much out there that could refute that statement. So despite all the limitations of Obama the American public was not wiling to be uncared for.

  6. #26
    Banned All-Star
    Posts
    1,498
    Like
    419
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Is johnnydakota fatbeer's bizzaro cousin?
    dont know who that is , but concidering my grandfather had 14 kids and i only knew 3 uncles it is a posibility =)

  7. #27
    Banned All-Star
    Posts
    1,498
    Like
    419
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Is johnnydakota fatbeer's bizzaro cousin?
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I am glad that Obama has won, and will be praying that he and the Republicans can now find common ground before we go off the fiscal cliff.
    his aceptance speach was good and the last minute of his speach was powerful

  8. #28
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,701
    Like
    33
    Liked 786 Times in 428 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    I'm damned proud of Minnesota right now. Hell, they almost kicked out Crazy Eyes as well. Maybe 2014.

  9. #29
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,701
    Like
    33
    Liked 786 Times in 428 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    By the way, sabermetrics FTW.

    Nate Silver has to be laughing his ass off right now.

  10. #30
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,173
    Like
    99
    Liked 55 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I'm damned proud of Minnesota right now. Hell, they almost kicked out Crazy Eyes as well. Maybe 2014.
    Yeah, the vote NO effort was amazing. I was really worried about voter ID. Great work, MN!

  11. #31
    Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,082
    Like
    98
    Liked 342 Times in 195 Posts
    Pretty happy with just about everyting in-state. I'm always a bit nervous when any party completely controls the executive and legislative branches however.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    890
    Like
    38
    Liked 62 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Pretty happy with just about everyting in-state. I'm always a bit nervous when any party completely controls the executive and legislative branches however.
    Even Klobuchar?
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  13. #33
    Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,082
    Like
    98
    Liked 342 Times in 195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Even Klobuchar?
    She's pretty liberal, but she's also a genuinely good person, pretty respectable. Leaves a lot to be desired for me personally, but not opposed to her being re-elected.

  14. #34
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,786
    Like
    4
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    By the way, sabermetrics FTW.

    Nate Silver has to be laughing his ass off right now.
    Haha, exactly. Trust mathematics, Dick Morris and Karl Rove . . . and Terry Ryan.

    Can the Twins please pay Silver twice as much as he makes now to come help right this ship.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    890
    Like
    38
    Liked 62 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Even Klobuchar?
    She's pretty liberal, but she's also a genuinely good person, pretty respectable. Leaves a lot to be desired for me personally, but not opposed to her being re-elected.
    Had personal interaction with her that would never, ever have me labeling her "good" or "respectable". That's all.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  16. #36
    Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,082
    Like
    98
    Liked 342 Times in 195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Had personal interaction with her that would never, ever have me labeling her "good" or "respectable". That's all.
    Oh?

  17. #37
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    890
    Like
    38
    Liked 62 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Had personal interaction with her that would never, ever have me labeling her "good" or "respectable". That's all.
    Oh?
    Just ahead of her first election, she used wrongly prosecuting someone I know as a sign of her fight against violence against females. Problem was that the girlfriend was the abuser and a borderline personality disorder. She filed three felony charges on the guy and forced him to plea down to a charge that ended his career. She knew her client was a liability and didn't want to put her on the stand. She later laughed with the guy's lawyer about how she would have been screwed if the guy had the money to see it through.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  18. #38
    Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,082
    Like
    98
    Liked 342 Times in 195 Posts
    Well all politicians are lawyers and the field is saturated with scumbags for sure.

  19. #39
    Super Moderator All-Star
    Posts
    3,424
    Like
    169
    Liked 309 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    I'd like to hope that Republicans learn a bit from this debacle. In the name of electability they chose an empty bag of wind who really couldn't distinguish himself from Obama in any meaningful way. In the mean time the Libertarian party set a record with nearly 1.2M votes and the majority of the Ron Paul people (probably about 3 times that number) stayed home.

    Unfortunately, I am not sure they are smart enough to figure it out.

  20. #40
    Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,082
    Like
    98
    Liked 342 Times in 195 Posts
    Well said diehard, I couldn't agree more.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.