Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Hot Damn! Rub that Crystal Ball!

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hot Damn! Rub that Crystal Ball!

Of course, on this website, this will be the time of year when all channels will be filled with Twin's Off Season predictions, philosophy, and hopes. Let this thread be the break room away from this talk and let's have some fun with it. The topic is future Twins predictions 2013-2019. What do you foresee happening in the future 7 seasons of the Minnesota Twins. This MoFo is wide open - so have some fun with it!

My prediction is this: In 2016 Aaron Hicks will become the first 30HR/30SB player in the history of the MN Twins.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 173 Times in 82 Posts
    Good one.

2018, Miguel Sano blasts 45 home runs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    Good one.

2018, Miguel Sano blasts 45 home runs.
    Looking forward to it.

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2014- Glen Perkins leads the American league in saves

Liked 2,205 Times in 1,243 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Vikings will have a perfect regular season in 2016. Roll thru the playoffs with ease and matchup against an injury depleted Buffalo Bills who are down to a fourth string QB who was signed as insurance the last week of the season and didn't have enough time to know the play book yet.

On the Saturday before Super Sunday... The Core of the sun collapses in the blink of an eye and explodes into a supernova. The commissioner with his last breath cancels the Superbowl. Drew Butera survives.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,199 Times in 1,699 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2017 - GM Nate Silver wins Executive Of The Year award.

Blog Entries
    In 2017, Woody Harrelson and a group of investors purchase the Twins from the Pohlads. At the time of purchase the reigning manager is Jim Riggleman. He is quickly fired and replaced by Kevin Costner as field manager - Ted Danson, Wesley Snipes, Tim Robbins, John Goodman, John Cusack, and Tom Selleck fill out the coaching staff respectively. Bark's Lounge is one of the investors and I take care of all of them... because when they met... it was Moider!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    In 2018 Max Kepler hits .327/.398/.512/.910 and people are disappointed because he only hit 16 HR's.

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In 2013 Justin Morneau wins the American League MVP as the Twins win the AL Central, only to be eliminated in a 1 game playoff by the Toronto Blue Jays.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 86 Times in 53 Posts
    Your 2015 American League Champion Minnesota Twins:

1B/C/DH Joe Mauer (80/40/20 Games)
    2B/CF Eddie Rosario
    3B/1B/DH Miguel Sano
    SS Daniel Santana
    C Jarrod Saltalamachia
    LF Max Kepler
    CF Aaron Hicks
    RF Oswaldo Arcia
    DH/Super UT Trevor Plouffe
    OF Ben Revere
    C/OF Chris Herrmann
    1B/OF/DH Chris Parmelee
    UI Brian Dozier

PITCHERS
    SP Josh Johnson (FA signing 2014)
    SP Scott Baker (Last option year 2013 contract)
    SP Kyle Gibson
    SP Scott Diamond
    SP JO Barrios

Bullpen
    CL Glen Perkins
    RP JT Chargois
    RP Mason Melotakis
    RP Luke Bard
    RP Michael Tonkin
    RP Jered Burton
    RP Sean Manaea (2013 first round pick long relief/fill-in starter takes over for Baker in 2016)

$84-85M payroll

Manager of the Year: Paul Molitor
    Last edited by ScottyB; 11-04-2012 at 05:26 AM.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 746 Times in 462 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegrin View Post
    In 2013 Justin Morneau wins the American League MVP as the Twins win the AL Central, only to be eliminated in a 1 game playoff by the Toronto Blue Jays.
    winning the central and losing a 1 game playoff... pretty impressive since only wildcard teams play in the playoff.

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In 2014 I will be selected from amongsts Twins bloggers to become the official twitterer of the Twins. Eventually I accidently post my own tweets on the Twins twitter feed and am quickly fired. The Twins go on to win the WS in 2018, and I return to the blog-o-sphere and live a happy life drinking cheap beer.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    in 2016 after losing 95+ games for 6 years in a row , terry ryan is given a contract extention to right the ship...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    In 2017, Woody Harrelson and a group of investors purchase the Twins from the Pohlads. At the time of purchase the reigning manager is Jim Riggleman. He is quickly fired and replaced by Kevin Costner as field manager - Ted Danson, Wesley Snipes, Tim Robbins, John Goodman, John Cusack, and Tom Selleck fill out the coaching staff respectively. Bark's Lounge is one of the investors and I take care of all of them... because when they met... it was Moider!
    Assuming the above is fiction. Ron Gardenhire retires as Twins Manager after the 2017 season. At his retirement press conference, his only statement is this: "I am 60 years old and I look like I am 80 - I need some time to spend with my grand kids and save the remainder of my strength to focus on this upcoming Senior League Bowling season." After this statement, Terry Ryan names Drew Butera as his successor. Rick Anderson is retained as Drew's Pitching Coach.

On a another note: Ron Gardenhire is offered and accepts the acting role of "Ben Luckett" in the remake of the movie "Cocoon". Wilford Brimley was the actor who portrayed "Ben Luckett" in the original movie.