Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timberwolves

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts

Timberwolves

No one has even started a thread about them this year yet? Are people that down on them? I'm not the world's biggest basketball fan, but this team could have a pretty solid rotation once Love and Rubio come back, assuming good health at that point.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,525 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm keeping an eye on the team with cautious optimism. I hope they make the NBA worth watching this season (and winter sports in general).

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 61 Times in 38 Posts
    Canis hoopus is a decent read from time to time.

All I have to say is AK is the truth. Probably my favorite player in the league to watch (besides Rubio). Also Schved was real exciting last night...his defense has looked much better than I was expecting.

(turn volume off)
    Last edited by Fatt Crapps; 11-06-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 619 Times in 344 Posts
    Love the new defensive focus. Shved is the kind of versatile slasher you need on a second unit too. Only complaint is D-Will must have run over Adelman's dog - guy never sees the court after the first subs.

Senior Member Triple-A
    I love having Cunningham in there for the 4th quarter, he's a beast. D Will has at least shown some defensive intensity this year (compared to none last year), but he still looks like a deer in headlights when he gets the ball. And his jumpshot is atrocious. I hope he improves and doesn't go the Wes route (where we have to give up a future first rounder just to get rid of him)...we shall see.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    I really like what I've seen so far. Brandon Roy hasn't been mentioned, but I've liked what I've seen of him as well. The Timberwolves raised a lot of eyebrows going after guys like AK47 and Roy, and there's significant risk, but if they get 55-65 games out of each, they will be in great shape.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 59 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm waiting for Love and Rubio to be back before really judging this team.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    I have FS North in des Moines on DirecTV..and all the games but the opener have back blacked out. anyone know what gives? This wasn't an.issue last year...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Agreed. If the team can manage to hover around the .500 mark until their return(s), the outlook for a promising season increases dramatically.
    Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,249 Times in 498 Posts
    They're not white, they're european.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

The biggest reason for success is that they are playing like a true TEAM. AK47 has been great, and cunningham never gives less than 100%. Preposterous statement alert. There aren't 5 Centers in the NBA right now that I'd rather have the Pekovic. Budinger and Shved have really been nice additions as well. Roy is damaged goods, left the game tonight, gets consistently killed on D. Asst numbers are good, but he's been borderline brutal.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Jim Peterson made a surprisingly adept comment last night; to paraphrase - - Rubio and Shved could be NASTY together. Shved is showcasing some impressive distribution skills, if his shooting continues to improve, they could be a scary pair to try to contain.

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Lost Pekovic to an ankle injury last night and still won (now at 5-2). Kirilenko, Shved, and Cunningham have been outstanding.

This team is incredibly unlucky with the injury bug right now with Rubio, Love, Pek, Budinger, Barea, Roy all out. Hopefully Pekovic's ankle is not too serious and it sounds like Roy and Barea may return on Wednesday.
    If Twins can't re-sign Hunter, plans are to trade, sign a FA or go in-house to find a replacement.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 619 Times in 344 Posts
    Williams can't buy minutes over Malcolm Lee now. Ouch.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Adelman for MVP.

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Pekovic, Roy, and Barea all still out tonight. The Wolves will have 9 players. They're pretty lucky that the schedule has been weaker these first few games and they have still been winning. Hope that continues tonight vs Charlotte.
    If Twins can't re-sign Hunter, plans are to trade, sign a FA or go in-house to find a replacement.

Josh Howard will sign today, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard. Remember when the Wolves drafted Ndudi Ebi three spots ahead of him?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Williams - DNP (coach's decision)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lecroy24fan View Post
    Josh Howard will sign today, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard. Remember when the Wolves drafted Ndudi Ebi three spots ahead of him?
    I remember that draft well; had to go purchase a new television set the very next day

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like Ricky is set to return soon, albeit in a reduced role (to start)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast