Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts

Trevor Bauer

According to Crasnick the Diamondbacks are willing to trade Bauer. If I were the Twins he would instantly become my number one target. Assuming they trade Upton as well the Diamondbacks could use a CF in Span. However obviously Span would NOT be enough to get Bauer, I wonder if we included one of Arcia/Rosario if it would be enough to get Bauer back in return? Prob not. But maybe they could include more pieces. Span+Rosario+Vargas+C+ prospect? for Bauer? Do it.

Bauer has the potential to be an absolutely dominating pitcher.
    Last edited by SpiritofVodkaDave; 11-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Upton is only a RF so dealing him will have no impact on them finding a CF as they have Adam Eaton in CF with Gerrardo Parra possibly.
    There is no interest in Span by them BUT sniffing around Bauer is something they better be doin.
    Rumours are out that ARIZ isnt too fond of Bauer either....due mostly to his training methods/pitching ideals.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If I was Terry Ryan I would give up Willingham and Span to get Bauer and another highly regarded pitcher form the D-Back's.

Quote Originally Posted by mnfanforlife View Post
    If I was Terry Ryan I would give up Willingham and Span to get Bauer and another highly regarded pitcher form the D-Back's.
    Bauer is going to cost a hefty package of prospects, plus I'm not so sure they would want Span or Willingham even since they have a pretty loadeded OF with Parra.

If they didn't want Span or whatever, I would offer them Sano+more in a heartbeat.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 176 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mnfanforlife View Post
    Bauer is going to cost a hefty package of prospects, plus I'm not so sure they would want Span or Willingham even since they have a pretty loadeded OF with Parra.

If they didn't want Span or whatever, I would offer them Sano+more in a heartbeat.
    Sano+, eh? Trades like this hardly ever happen, am I right?

All things equal, I'd rather have a top pitcher than a top hitter, and Bauer is way closer to the majors. Do you think Sano for Bauer straight up would work?

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    I'm in. Wonder what you'd have to give up. No to Sano, I think. Yes to pretty much any other 1 prospect. If I need to deal Hicks and Rosario, I think that might be too much.....but i"m not sure.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That would be wonderful, but the reasons that the Diamondbacks want to trade him are exactly the same reasons that would not make him a fit with the current Twins' pitching philosophy: The Diamondbacks have been trying to have him use his cutter/2-seamer down the zone while he likes to use this 4-seamer up the zone trying to blow it by hitters. Very similar situation to Matt Garza a couple years ago. Interesting to see how this might play out. But his numbers in PCL are more than promising
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 490 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If my memory serves me correctly, I believe the D-Backs are pretty desperate for an answer at Shortstop. I could see a Bauer for Elvis Andrus kind of deal maybe being feasible - but it is more likely an Upton for Andrus trade takes place. Texas will need someone to replace Hamilton.

I think the the D-Backs are still in a win now mode - I cannot envision a Bauer trade with the Twins that would be beneficial to the D-Backs winning now.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I would go with Hicks, a low grade prospect or two, and either Duensing or Burton. Anything more than that would be an overpayment.

The fact that they are looking to move a highly drafted, young, cost-controlled pitcher so quickly after being drafted gives me pause.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Dan Gladden View Post
    I would go with Hicks, a low grade prospect or two, and either Duensing or Burton. Anything more than that would be an overpayment.

The fact that they are looking to move a highly drafted, young, cost-controlled pitcher so quickly after being drafted gives me pause.
    lol thats not going to work. Bauer was a top ten prospect and will be again next season, I'd personally have him right around the #5-#7 range in all of baseball.

Hicks is a nice prospect but no where near that. If you aren't trading Span, you are most likely going to have to start with Sano, or two of the Arcia/Rosario/Hicks trio along with some additional pieces most likely.

Duensing has zero value in a trade.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    First, thanks Dave for starting this. You beat me to it by quite a bit.

Second, anyone know any DBacks fans (or writers or communities) that they can send a link of this thread to and get some responses from the otehr side?

Time for the meat: Hicks is likely not enough, but I wouldn't be shocked if he could be a central part of the package, and I wonder how Twins fans feel about that. The DBacks are seeminly looking for infield help, but with Chris Young gone I can't believe (public protestations not withstanding) that they have that much faith in Eaton or Pollock to be a long-term answer in center field. Hicks is the whole package and close to ready and could be the answer there for a long time.

So how would we feel about a deal that involves Hicks and maybe another guy or so that isn't in the top 7: Kepler, some of the new relief arms, Wimmers, that slugger in Beloit that came back from the suspension...somoene like that?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think if Span is expendable, then so should be Hicks.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 614 Times in 342 Posts
    If the D-backs were so worried about outfield, they wouldn't move Young so that it forced them to deal a former top prospect to replace him. They have internal options and the suggestion of Span is ridiculous. Gibson loves Eaton and wants him playing.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I'm in. Wonder what you'd have to give up. No to Sano, I think. Yes to pretty much any other 1 prospect. If I need to deal Hicks and Rosario, I think that might be too much.....but i"m not sure.
    Rosario is the odd prospect out. No one seems to think he'll stay at 2nd and I think the other outfielders all overmatch him.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I really dislike the idea to trade Hicks. Vargas, Kepler, Wimmers, and Rosario are all prospects I wouldn't mind traded. Put Revere/Span out there too and maybe something could get worked through? Sano, Berrios, Buxton, Hicks, and Arcia hands off.
    Last edited by YourHouseIsMyHouse; 11-07-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    According to Crasnick the Diamondbacks are willing to trade Bauer. If I were the Twins he would instantly become my number one target. Assuming they trade Upton as well the Diamondbacks could use a CF in Span. However obviously Span would NOT be enough to get Bauer, I wonder if we included one of Arcia/Rosario if it would be enough to get Bauer back in return? Prob not. But maybe they could include more pieces. Span+Rosario+Vargas+C+ prospect? for Bauer? Do it.

your offering up a lot for an undersized prospect with an attitude problem arnt you?
    but he might fit in with the lilly white twins who knows

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Dan Gladden View Post

lol thats not going to work. Bauer was a top ten prospect and will be again next season, I'd personally have him right around the #5-#7 range in all of baseball.

Hicks is a nice prospect but no where near that. If you aren't trading Span, you are most likely going to have to start with Sano, or two of the Arcia/Rosario/Hicks trio along with some additional pieces most likely.

Duensing has zero value in a trade.
    You're right in that it probably isn't an equal trade. But you have to wonder about a "coveted" pitcher being available so quickly. I was a huge Bauer fan when he was drafted. I still think he could be an impact arm. But considering the current circumstances, I would not give up the preverbial farm for him.

This has the faint odor of Delmon Young swirling around it...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I thought you couldn't trade any prospects from the current 2012 draft yet? That would leave Berrios off the market. Am I right in this assumption? When can 2012 draftees start getting traded?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post

your offering up a lot for an undersized prospect with an attitude problem arnt you?
    but he might fit in with the lilly white twins who knows
    Try spelling or punctuation for a change. Look at theTwins roster of players in the majors and minors and see there is diversity. You really must be fatbeers long lost separated at birth twin

Quote Originally Posted by lightfoot789 View Post
    I thought you couldn't trade any prospects from the current 2012 draft yet? That would leave Berrios off the market. Am I right in this assumption? When can 2012 draftees start getting traded?
    They can sorta be traded as "PTBNL" types, though for a guy as highly rated as Berrios I can't think of that happening before. Maybe they could add in one of the 75 RP they drafted this year as well?

I still think it would take a lot more then Hicks+a couple fringe top 10 guys. Ditto with the Andrus for Bauer talk. Towers isn't an idiot, he will get equal value for Bauer or will just stick with him.

Honestly, I would give up anyone on this team or in the farm system to get Bauer, kids with his stuff at age 21 are pretty rare. As far as "attitude" etc goes, maybe he just needs a change of scenery/ a new voice in his ear. If for some reason the Diamondbacks decide to sell low on him then if we could get him for a package around Hicks/Arcia etc I would be all for it and thrilled, personally I would rather give up Arcia then Hicks, but to get an arm like Bauer you gotta be willing to pull the trigger.

After looking more into it I can't see Span as a viable target for them (unless they want to trade away another OF in the meantime which wouldn't shock me, who knows what Towers is up to) but Eaton is looking like the future CF there. It's to bad none of our major league pieces match up with the Diamondbacks at all :/
    Last edited by SpiritofVodkaDave; 11-08-2012 at 12:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast