Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Article: Twins Should Target Trevor Bauer

  1. #21
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,906
    Like
    75
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Trevor Plouffe. My guess--he never duplicates that 6 week streak of (bases empty!) HRs ever again. Goodness knows he isn't "all-that" in the field either. A potentially future, dominant pitcher looks better to me than Plouffe.
    What about Trevor Plouffe? Are you implying trading him for Bauer straight up???
    Yes.
    wow.....

  2. #22
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,906
    Like
    75
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstalker View Post
    Yeah, Bauer commands Sano+. No? Then Arizona will take Bauer and easily trade him to a team with good hitting prospects. The Red Sox would easily part with Bogaerts to get Bauer. Cleveland would give up Lindor and anything else Arizona wants. Bauer has the value of a young Curt Schilling, circa 1993. We could get him, but Sano and Rosario would be the return. What they should do is see if Texas will give them Andrus and one of their good prospects like Rogned (sp). Their middle infield could be set for years.
    All of those are probably true.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    382
    Like
    3
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    19
    I think the posts here have hit it pretty much on the head. There is no denying that the kid has talent and is major league ready today. If half of the stories floating around about him are true, I wouldn't trade much value for him.

    The Twins track record with head cases speaks for itself. They either decide not to work with them (Ortiz, Lohse) or give them to much rope (Delmon). Part of the Twins way is conformity. This guy does not fit that bill. I can't see them making a move here (as much as he could help them).

  4. #24
    Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Posts
    1,235
    Like
    8
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Arizona could be interested in Span, correct? Gerado Parra isn't much of a player so I think that would be someplace we could move Denard. Arizona is my favorite NL team and if Span had to go anywhere I'd chose there. He could play alongside Kubes!

    This enough, too much, or too little?
    Span, Rosario, Harrison, Herrmann

    I'm really resilient on trading Hicks, but I LOVE Bauer's upside. If the prior wasn't enough, maybe this?

    Hicks, Rosario, Harrison, Herrmann

    I'd really like some input and thoughts please.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    Arizona could be interested in Span, correct? Gerado Parra isn't much of a player so I think that would be someplace we could move Denard..
    Um, Parra and Span are pretty similar stat-wise. The only difference is that Parra has primarily played the corner outfield, whereas Span has been a center fielder. Arizona won't take Span.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Posts
    512
    Like
    13
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall told reporters Bauer admitted he made mistakes and has even reached out to some veteran teammates, including closer J.J. Putz. And though there had been some whispers the D-Backs might trade Bauer this offseason, Hall told the reporters that this wouldn't be happening.

    This quote is from Friday.

    We were maybe just getting our hopes up.

  7. #27
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,622
    Like
    306
    Liked 490 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by minn55441 View Post
    Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall told reporters Bauer admitted he made mistakes and has even reached out to some veteran teammates, including closer J.J. Putz. And though there had been some whispers the D-Backs might trade Bauer this offseason, Hall told the reporters that this wouldn't be happening.

    This quote is from Friday.

    We were maybe just getting our hopes up.
    I am sorry you had to be the Harbinger of this bad news. Maybe now we can move on to how Stephen Strasburg is pissed off at the Nats for shutting him down in early September and how we can trade Denard Span for him... the Nats are always seemingly in the market for a Center fielder ya know!

  8. #28
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,270
    Like
    32
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    The DBacks and the Twins simply do not match up with needs/wants. The Twins do match up very well with TB/ATL/SEA/CIN though and I think we'll see a deal (or two?) happen this offseason.

  9. #29
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,906
    Like
    75
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Bryz-Gornia View Post

    Um, Parra and Span are pretty similar stat-wise. The only difference is that Parra has primarily played the corner outfield, whereas Span has been a center fielder. Arizona won't take Span.
    Span has a career OPS+ of 104, Parra has 93.

    Also his WAR was 3.2 higher last year then Parra's and has been quite a bit higher over the course of their careers Span (16.5 vs 4.8)

  10. #30
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    120
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Trevor Plouffe. My guess--he never duplicates that 6 week streak of (bases empty!) HRs ever again. Goodness knows he isn't "all-that" in the field either. A potentially future, dominant pitcher looks better to me than Plouffe.
    What about Trevor Plouffe? Are you implying trading him for Bauer straight up???
    Yes.
    10 Trevor Plouffe's couldn't bring back Bauer.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    576
    Like
    0
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Trevor Plouffe. My guess--he never duplicates that 6 week streak of (bases empty!) HRs ever again. Goodness knows he isn't "all-that" in the field either. A potentially future, dominant pitcher looks better to me than Plouffe.
    What about Trevor Plouffe? Are you implying trading him for Bauer straight up???
    Yes.
    wow.....
    Back to the idea that our trash is another team's treasure! Brilliant!!

  12. #32
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    576
    Like
    0
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    We are a year or so too late or we could have packaged Valencia and Slowey with Plouffe to get the deal done.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by edavis0308 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Trevor Plouffe. My guess--he never duplicates that 6 week streak of (bases empty!) HRs ever again. Goodness knows he isn't "all-that" in the field either. A potentially future, dominant pitcher looks better to me than Plouffe.
    What about Trevor Plouffe? Are you implying trading him for Bauer straight up???
    Yes.
    wow.....
    Back to the idea that our trash is another team's treasure! Brilliant!!
    I don't think Plouffe alone is enough to get Bauer. We'd probably have to throw in blackburn (solidify their 5th starter). And probably Carrol too.

  14. #34
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,220
    Like
    100
    Liked 95 Times in 69 Posts
    [QUOTE=SpiritofVodkaDave;62152]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Trevor Plouffe. My guess--he never duplicates that 6 week streak of (bases empty!) HRs ever again. Goodness knows he isn't "all-that" in the field either. A potentially future, dominant pitcher looks better to me than Plouffe.
    What about Trevor Plouffe? Are you implying trading him for Bauer straight up???[/Q

    Yes.
    wow.....
    The original article has a premise of "no OFers" because AZ has plenty of them, requires a package that doesn't contain an OF. To include Gibson is likely self-defeating--Twins require pitching--so trade something else. True, I am skeptical about Plouffe and consider him "tradeable", but many teams are seeking HR hitters at 3B, (and in AZ) I think Plouffe might be considered more than useful. Plouffe is at the ML level (now) and as such is more valuable than most "prospects" the Twins can offer. I infer most other poster are also skeptical about Plouffe. Most teams are forced to compromise at 3B simply because there aren't enough of them that hit and field the position at the desired level and Plouffe may be someone that AZ places value. Could the Twins add to this offer?--Yes.

  15. #35
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,270
    Like
    32
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    The original article has a premise of "no OFers" because AZ has plenty of them, requires a package that doesn't contain an OF. To include Gibson is likely self-defeating--Twins require pitching--so trade something else. True, I am skeptical about Plouffe and consider him "tradeable", but many teams are seeking HR hitters at 3B, (and in AZ) I think Plouffe might be considered more than useful. Plouffe is at the ML level (now) and as such is more valuable than most "prospects" the Twins can offer. I infer most other poster are also skeptical about Plouffe. Most teams are forced to compromise at 3B simply because there aren't enough of them that hit and field the position at the desired level and Plouffe may be someone that AZ places value. Could the Twins add to this offer?--Yes.
    You obviously misread the topic. This was about trading for Trevor Bauer and not Josh Collmenter. If teams are going to compromise then they offer a compromise back instead of a top ten prospect.

  16. #36
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,906
    Like
    75
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.