Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Robby Incmikoski Leaving Fox Sports North

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Robby Incmikoski Leaving Fox Sports North

Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! The first great news of the offseason. He belongs in the east coast, clearly did not have the appropriate sensibilities to deal with Minnesotan fans, all too awkward. Hopefully this means a lot more Maurney Gelner.
    Last edited by twinsfaninsaudi; 11-10-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 378 Times in 232 Posts
    I never understood all the hate for Robbie. I could only assume it was because he used too much gel in his hair.

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yawn

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Robbie was pretty irrelevant, I'd rather see more of Laudner and Smalley and Coomer and other former Twins doing his job. At least they get baseball.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Quote Originally Posted by twinsfaninsaudi View Post
    Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! The first great news of the offseason. He belongs in the east coast, clearly did not have the appropriate sensibilities to deal with Minnesotan fans, all too awkward. Hopefully this means a lot more Maurney Gelner.
    As long as her moving to Twins duties gets her off the Wild broadcasts... She is awful on wild games.

Robbie Inc seemed like a decent dude, but I never enjoyed his live interviews. They seemed so awkward

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Robbie was hard to dislike, but his interviewing skills seemed a little on the frantic side...I'm hoping for more Marney and less Laudner.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    TVOR and I had a few beers with Robby in Cincinnati and had a nice time talking to him. The one thing that becomes obvious is that he doesn't take his job (or people's reaction to him) too seriously. That can be good or bad.

I will say this - I know the players and coaching staff liked him, and that's important in his job and not terrible easy and also probably leads to access and insights from which FSN benefited. Good luck to him in Pittsburgh.

good start to offseason.....between him & Kevin Gorg, it was hard to tell who knew less about baseball

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I always felt a little bad for him for all the crap he took from all the other guys

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,281 Times in 513 Posts
    Bring back Telly!
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

I wouldn't have even noticed if i hadn't read it here. Can't believe a person would put family in front of working with the greatest professional sports franchise in the world. Maybe it's all about the Yingling.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 221 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Bring back Telly!
    THIS!!!!

And Gomez too.

Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    I never understood all the hate for Robbie. I could only assume it was because he used too much gel in his hair.
    No it was his awkward exchanges with the lucky lotto winner fans in the stands and his all too frequent uninvited references to Bert about inside jokes that clearly had to do with drinking. He wasn't bad interviewing the players or anything, but he doesn't belong in a Midwest market.
    Last edited by twinsfaninsaudi; 11-11-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 198 Times in 97 Posts
    Are they looking for new on-air talent? I'm available.

Geez, 1-2 mins. at a time, 5- 6 times a game. Hardly a major loss.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Bye Bye Robbie.
    I really didn't like this guy personally because he was a dick to my brother and his friends during a pick up game of hockey. For some reason he got real into it. Also, when I was in Houghton Michigan for Gopher Hockey, Robbie was just a prick at the Downtowner bar. He was on mission that night if you know what I mean.

However, after listening to the Gleeman and the Geek Podcast I have changed my opionion on the guy. He really did a great job covering the Twins and brought some respectability back to the broadcasts. Good bye Robbie.