Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: ROC 2013 Roster (pitching)

ROC 2013 Roster (pitching)

When signing the plethora of minor league FA's....I like looking at the depth (or lack of ) at our levels.
    As of now....the starting pitching for the Red Wings

Nick Blackburn
    Cole DeVries
    Pedro Hernandez
    Samuel DeDuno
    PJ Walters
    Sound pretty reasonable??? That's not even counting Liam Hendriks on the roster....reason I think he will be packaged in a deal this winter.

Bullpen
    Kyle Gibson......TR has pretty much said Gibby will start the first couple months in the pen
    Esmeril Vazquez
    Caleb Thielbar
    Luis Perdomo
    Tim Wood
    Anthony Slama
    Deolis Guerra.....out of options, wont make the team. If they dont wanna keep him, just release him now.
    Bobby Lanigan
    Daniel Turpen
    DL to start yr....Lester Oliveras/Dan Sattler

14 active (w/o Liam) so 2 of these will be cut
    Again, not counting a Alex Burnett or Tyler Robertson possibility.

This doesnt count AA starter BJ Hermsen, Shairon Martis who was resigned and spent plenty of time in AAA, Aaron Thompson who was also resigned, Logan Darnell & Steve Hirschfield as the New Brit starting 5
    Last edited by greengoblinrulz; 11-11-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 444 Times in 271 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Too early to tell.
    I would bet on BJ Hermsen being in AAA too. At least one or maybe more of these guys will probably be with the big team. Waldrop would probably have a spot in AAA pen. Who knows.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Didnt include Kyle as he hasnt been resigned yet....technically not part of team yet.
    I would think BJ earned a spot in AAA to see where he stands.....but who's spot does he take?? See what organization thinks of him when 40 man roster is filled in Nov 22 (with the Rule V eligible guys).
    If you're thinking ANY of these guys start in majors (Im already saying Hendriks IS), this is gonna be one AWFUL offseason for TR/Twins.