Thread: Tom Boleska?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts

Tom Boleska?

Does anyone have any news on the second relief pitcher the Twins signed from the Pirates? Is he a hard thrower or what does he/can he throw? Nothing like taking the AAA & AA closers from the Pirates to try to fix a poor system. You never know Tim Wood and Tom Boleska seem to both have decent K/BB rates as closers.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darin617 View Post
    Does anyone have any news on the second relief pitcher the Twins signed from the Pirates? Is he a hard thrower or what does he/can he throw? Nothing like taking the AAA & AA closers from the Pirates to try to fix a poor system. You never know Tim Wood and Tom Boleska seem to both have decent K/BB rates as closers.
    The Twins signed Boleska right after the season. He was the closer of the FM Redhawks this past year where he put up some crazy numbers. And he's Canadian.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    The Twins signed Boleska right after the season. He was the closer of the FM Redhawks this past year where he put up some crazy numbers. And he's Canadian.
    Seth, any chance you know any Pirate bloggers who are big time like you who could shed some light on Tom Boleska and Tim Wood for everyone?

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We had a forum when the Twins signed Wood 9 nine days ago. IT's got some scouting reporting kind of stuff. http://twinsdaily.com/showthread.php...in-Lg-Contract

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 605 Times in 325 Posts

I saw him play three times in Winnipeg last season, 3IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 7 K's, he got brutalized in his one playoff start against them though, 3 H, 3 ER in 2/3 of an inning.

His fastball was touching 94-95, gotta love them Canadians!!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries

Agh, one of my hometown players got signed by the Twins? I need to read the paper more, apparently. It's funny, I only went to one Redhawks game this year and I recall the relief pitching being awful. Don't have any idea if Boleska was actually one of the pitchers or not, though. I rarely pay serious attention, as I don't typically expect any of them to move beyond semi-pro. We did have a former catcher (Chris Coste) win a WS ring with the Phillies a few years ago, though, so I should know better.