Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Give Thanks... to the Twins

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 345 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries

Give Thanks... to the Twins

If we're going to have a Twins Turkey of the Year forum, you know I'm going to also be posting a forum where you can either give some thanks to the Twins, or post a couple of the Twins-related things that you are thankful for. Could be Target Field, or the helmet-sized nachos. Could be a player or two. But again, be sure to explain your answers.

Senior Member Triple-A whydidnt's Avatar
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    I am thankful that the Twins are the only major sports franchise in town to win a championship in my lifetime. You would think that with all of the "big 4" sports in town, we would have more than the Twins 2 world series titles in the last 50 years. For the joy those two championships brought I will always be grateful. Also, Target field is a great place to enjoy a sunny day watching baseball!

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 166 Times in 78 Posts
    I'm thankful for Joe Mauer's .410 OBP, and the fact that he reinserted himself into the batting race after a very forgettable 2011.

I am thankful that the Twins have been a big part of my life since 1963. First through the radio with Herb and Halsey, later through TV, now through the internet and always in person at the Met and the dome (though not lately since I have relocated) I have received unmeasurable joy in my life for a very reasonable price.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I have fallowed every Twins game sine 1961, so the Twins have been a big part of my life. I'm also thankfull that I found the Twins daily, lt's something new and exciting in my life.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,102 Times in 590 Posts
    I'm thankful every time I get the chance to go to Target Field and watch outdoor baseball, and no blackout restrictions for the Twins in Canada on MLB.TV.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Im thankful for this website, its really been a bright spot for me while I have been deployed to Afghanistan.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,474 Times in 772 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm still thankful that the Tigers signed Prince Fielder.

As for the Twins, uh... I'm, uh... Thankful for Scott Diamond? Maybe?

Scratch that. I'll go with Mauer. I'm thankful he didn't have MS or whatever crap was circulating after his "bilateral leg weakness" popped up last season.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am thankful that hope springs eternal. Even after two abysmal years I can't wait for the next season. If I made it supporting the Twins as I grew up in the 70's and early 80's I can make it through this. I am thankful for the large number of good prospects in the low minors that give me hope for something special in a few years. I am thankful that Terry Ryan is back at the helm.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Target Field - One of the best places to see a game.

Joe Mauer's resurgence - For quieting all of the doubters

Josh Willingham exceeding expectations - I loved the sign at the time, confirmed my belief he was a bargain.

For this site - the ultimate one-stop shop for all Twins news and discussions. Thanks guys.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 154 Times in 91 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm thankful for a talented corps of independent Twins writers, both those who contribute here or elsewhere. And I'm thankful that the media, the Twins and the independent writers are working together to show the beauty in the game that we see and feel. That includes great minor league coverage, headlined by Seth, who really champions them tirelessly. And it includes the Gleeman and the Geek podcast, which I've really enjoyed doing both because it has allowed me to get to know Aaron better and because it has inspired me to stay engaged.

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    I am thankful for beer. Drinking plenty of beer before the game (can't afford to get drunk on the $8 beers at the game) allows me to watch the team that Gardy has run out on the field the last few years.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I posted my full "what Im thankful for" post over at Knuckleballs this morning, so anyone interested in that can go check it out... but here I'll just paste the last paragraph:

I’m thankful that my father passed along to me his great love for the sport of baseball and I’m thankful for those who make being a baseball fan… and specifically a fan of the Twins and Kernels… such an enjoyable and entertaining endeavor. I may not always agree with how teams are run or strategies are applied on the field and there are certainly times I’d like the players to perform a bit better, but I don’t doubt for a moment that everyone concerned are good, hard working people who apply enormous amounts of dedication toward their respective jobs… all so you and I can enjoy baseball more.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Im thankful for this website, its really been a bright spot for me while I have been deployed to Afghanistan.
    Man, I'm thankful that you are doing what you're doing so I have the freedom and ability to post on a forum like this without worry of censorship from the government, among so many other freedoms. Thank you for your service from the bottom of my heart!
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Agreed, also thankful for YOU.

Thankful for beer, as above.

Thankful for Joe Mauer. I can watch/listen at peace as long as we have him, regardless of our record.

I'm Thankful the Twins have moved their Class A minor league team 30 minutes from my home. To a beautiful stadium that allows a fan friendly experience. Also thankful that the Twins have a great coach in Tommy Watkins who has great repoire with his players and the fans.

Liked 1,152 Times in 679 Posts
    I am thankful that baseball has seasons so that no matter how bad last year was, it doesn't count when you start the new season.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm so thankful that my father introduced me to the great game of baseball at Met Stadium in 1961 and fostered my love affair with the MN Twins for all these years. I am thankful that he lived long enough for me to take him to a game at our beautiful new ball park in 2010. I am thankful that we can begin each new spring season with optimism. I am thankful that Terry Ryan is diligently looking for pitchers to help restore our beloved Twins back to respectability.