Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential Non-Tenders

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    No, all a pile of junk, sign someone really good for 5 or 6 years. You get what you pay for, why waste money and time on crap?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    There are a lot of people on this list that interest me.

Braden has his moments... Left Handed... We certainly have room for him in our rotation.

Hochevar is worth a shot... The guy was supposed to be a superstar at one time. We have a rotation that has room to see if has anything... If there is anything there at all.

Jurrjens... Of Course... He has had more than moments... He's had stretches of productivity. I hope TR is on the phone with his people right now.

Lannen... Has been OK... Nothing exciting but we have room for an OK yet nothing exciting pitcher.

Pelfrey... Is also worth a shot... Because we don't have anyone better. I'm not talking 10 year deals for these guys... I'm talking about giving them a run in 2013 and seeing if they are worth it for 2014.

Sean Rodriquez?... I haven't seen him on any lists. Did the Rays actually give him up... If the Rays gave him up... We should be making a call to check on him for sure. No he's not Robinson Cano but he can play multiple positions... He has speed and Power... We don't have better options in the MI right now. Is Rodriquez actually out there? If he is... Yeah... I'd be interested.
    None of these guys have been non-tendered yet. It was just a partial list of potentials. We'll know by 12/1

Liked 2,297 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    There are a lot of people on this list that interest me.

Braden has his moments... Left Handed... We certainly have room for him in our rotation.

Hochevar is worth a shot... The guy was supposed to be a superstar at one time. We have a rotation that has room to see if has anything... If there is anything there at all.

Jurrjens... Of Course... He has had more than moments... He's had stretches of productivity. I hope TR is on the phone with his people right now.

Lannen... Has been OK... Nothing exciting but we have room for an OK yet nothing exciting pitcher.

Pelfrey... Is also worth a shot... Because we don't have anyone better. I'm not talking 10 year deals for these guys... I'm talking about giving them a run in 2013 and seeing if they are worth it for 2014.

Sean Rodriquez?... I haven't seen him on any lists. Did the Rays actually give him up... If the Rays gave him up... We should be making a call to check on him for sure. No he's not Robinson Cano but he can play multiple positions... He has speed and Power... We don't have better options in the MI right now. Is Rodriquez actually out there? If he is... Yeah... I'd be interested.
    None of these guys have been non-tendered yet. It was just a partial list of potentials. We'll know by 12/1
    Hopefully... We could use a couple of them. Worth rolling the dice on.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Jurrjens, John Lannan , Kyle McClellen and Sean Rodriguez i would certainly be interested in going after. John Lannan is a proven pitcher with lifetime ERA of just above 4. Jurrjiens im kind of iffy about do to the fact he just seems like a right handed Liriano. McClellen at one time was good relief pitcher but was thrust into a starting role last year and was injured. Sean Rodrgiuez is a proven utility infielder who i think is better then Escobar or Florimon.

Liked 146 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siehbiscuit View Post
    I like the thought of adding Mark Reynolds. He can play 3rd, 1st or DH. Is he much of a drop off defensively or offensively from Plouffe? .
    Reynolds plays 3B like Plouffe plays SS - comically bad. He's pretty bad at 1B too. DH is the only defensive position he can handle.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 105 Times in 77 Posts
    It's one thing to say "go after him", but how hard after him? Put down something of a "no higher than" price. Use Baker as a price guide. Apparently the Twins "lost out" on Baker due to an insistence on an option year at a "management friendly" price.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 819 Times in 515 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm not a huge fan of trolling the non-tender list other than for a potential bounceback bull pen arm or something... We need to go after some decent talent, not continuing to play the lottery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12