Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wil Myers V Chris Parmelee

Wil Myers V Chris Parmelee

MLB Trade Rumors writes that the Royals are dangling Wil Myers to try and aquire James Shields or Jon Lester. Could using Parmelee generate the same sort of interest? Literally they're in the same league/ballpark, but maybe not figuratively when it comes to trade value.

Parmelee is 3 yrs older than Myers, but Parmelee's 2012 numbers at AAA are superior. What if the Twins threw in a CF prospect not named Buxton or Hicks?

Myers is one of the best prospects in a loaded KC system... Chris Parmalee is a mediocre first baseman that wouldn't start for more than a handful of teams.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 593 Times in 226 Posts
    They're both white, they've got that in common.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Wow.

Liked 664 Times in 429 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Parm had a great year in AAA. Myers was better in Fayetteville and Omaha. Does the difference matter... I don't know. I'd assume it does. The 3 years difference in age would be huge in my opinion.

Personally... I think the Twins would move Parmelee for the right offer and they will be happy to keep him for the wrong offer.

Perceptually Parm and Myers seem to be in different places. I don't know if Parmelee will be enough to bring Lester or Shields into the conversation. If you have to add an OFer to the package. Who becomes the primary? Parmelee or Arcia? Parmelee or Benson?

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Myers was Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year this year (admittedly much of it spent in the PCL). He's a top 10 prospect in baseball...Parmelee has never been anywhere near that class of prospect. Doesn't mean he can't be solid in the big leagues, but there's no questioning that Myers could bring back much, much more.

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wil Myers is closer to Bryce Harper than Chris Parmelee.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    Chris Parmelee is a first baseman who doesn't have 40 hr/yr ability. Wil "one L" Myers may be able to stick in the outfield and has legit plus Raw and Plus Plus bat...no contests. (Yes I have been reading a lot of baseball prospectus and yes I now talk like a scout in my posts).

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 125 Times in 67 Posts
    Wow x 2.
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That is why I would send Span and Parmalee for Shields(in a heartbeat). Span is cost controled I believe for 3 more years and is a sure thing. No prospect is a sure thing(though Myers is close).

Liked 1,035 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mk View Post
    MLB Trade Rumors writes that the Royals are dangling Wil Myers to try and aquire James Shields or Jon Lester. Could using Parmelee generate the same sort of interest? Literally they're in the same league/ballpark, but maybe not figuratively when it comes to trade value.

Parmelee is 3 yrs older than Myers, but Parmelee's 2012 numbers at AAA are superior. What if the Twins threw in a CF prospect not named Buxton or Hicks?
    For a minute there I thought you were serious, but then I realized this MUST be a some excellent sarcasm.

It is, right?

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 181 Times in 102 Posts
    I miss BYTO.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 63 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I miss BYTO.
    +1,000,000

Downs'd
    There isn't enough defense on the planet to justify giving 500+ PA to a guy who can barely OPS .600.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post

For a minute there I thought you were serious, but then I realized this MUST be a some excellent sarcasm.

It is, right?
    I sure hope so..........nobody can be this dumb........Parmelee and Wil Myers in the same category...get outta town.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I miss BYTO.
    absolutely!! i can't believe that comparison was just made.
    formerly known as torii_hunter_mvp on byto.

Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 106 Times in 64 Posts
    Jeeze! You guys are so mean! We should champion all voices, and promote the posting of threads like these. Furthermore, it's far too much to demand that people utilize google (or some similarly esoteric search engine) to find out more about prospects.
    Last edited by PseudoSABR; 11-27-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Liked 307 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    MLB Trade Rumors writes that the Royals are dangling Wil Myers to try and aquire James Shields or Jon Lester. Could using Parmelee generate the same sort of interest?
    'Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read your post'....

The absurdity of comparing fellow...what, bipeds, I guess?... Wil Myers and Chris Parmalee aside, I think the league should seriously consider contracting the Royals if they give up a top 10 prospect for a pitcher is about to 1) turn 29, 2) cost $11 million, and 3) try to bounce back from his worst season (4.82 ERA) and two straight years of increasing ERA, xFIP, etc, and declining strikeout rate.

Sheesh, you people are mean.

I guess I was way off to think for even a second that a 24 year old with a 1.102 OPS at AAA and some time in the majors had any sort of value. And to be sooo ridiculous to actually put him in the same sentence as Wil Myers and his .932 OPS in the historically hitter-friendly PCL is plain outrageous. Yes, Babe Myers did hit 7 more home runs during his time at AAA, in 106 more at bats (thanks for the tip to use google, that came in really handy to find that out).

Yes Wil Myers is an extremely highly regarded prospect, higher than Parmelee, I acknowledge that. But is it so fantastical to think that had the Twins not rushed Parmelee to the majors to sit on the bench at the beginning of 2012, and kept his prospect status, that he might be mentioned in the same Twins Daily message board Forum thread?

And another thing. I believe I also mentioned that the Twins would have to throw in an outfielder as well to possibly be mentioned. I don't know if that's enough, maybe not, but the Rays and Red Sox both need a first baseman and an outfielder. It seems that some of the threads I've read on this site suggest that the Twins have depth in those two positions. But, I'm probably wrong about that too.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sheesh, you people are mean.

I guess I was way off to think for even a second that a 24 year old with a 1.102 OPS at AAA and some time in the majors had any sort of value. And to be sooo ridiculous to actually put him in the same sentence as Wil Myers and his .932 OPS in the historically hitter-friendly PCL is plain outrageous. Yes, Babe Myers did hit 7 more home runs during his time at AAA, in 106 more at bats (thanks for the tip to use google, that came in really handy to find that out).

Yes Wil Myers is an extremely highly regarded prospect, higher than Parmelee, I acknowledge that. But is it so fantastical to think that had the Twins not rushed Parmelee to the majors to sit on the bench at the beginning of 2012, and kept his prospect status, that he might be mentioned in the same Twins Daily message board Forum thread?

And another thing. I believe I also mentioned that the Twins would have to throw in an outfielder as well to possibly be mentioned. I don't know if that's enough, maybe not, but the Rays and Red Sox both need a first baseman and an outfielder. It seems that some of the threads I've read on this site suggest that the Twins have depth in those two positions. But, I'm probably wrong about that too.
    Um, they rushed Parmelee? 6 years in the minors for the #20 pick in the 2006 draft?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    I do agree, some of the responses were less than kind....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast