Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

Thread: DiamondCentric

  1. #1
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,952
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    46
    Liked 1,476 Times in 773 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    DiamondCentric

    In case you didn't know, DiamondCentric is a project Parker Hageman has been working on for awhile and I jumped on board about a month ago. Originally just a baseball-focused apparel company, we've been trying to expand into other Minnesota sports.

    I wanted to get some feedback from the TD folks. What do you think of the designs? Is there anything in particular you'd like to see from DiamondCentric? We have a few baseball, football, and basketball offerings at this point... We have some good ideas for hockey as well, but thanks to the NHL lockout, those are mostly on hold for the time being (sigh, NHL owners). In January, we'll be starting up production on a couple more Twins shirts, as well (we're hoping to attend TwinsFest).

    Just curious what some of you think of the stuff we're producing.

    Here's the site:
    http://diamondcentric.com/

    Like us on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/DiamondCentric

  2. #2
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,874
    Like
    74
    Liked 351 Times in 175 Posts
    Need a butera one.

  3. #3
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,952
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    46
    Liked 1,476 Times in 773 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Need a butera one.
    DC used to have a Thome shirt that read "600 Naturally".

    We should do a Butera one that reads ".500(OPS) Naturally".

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,958
    Like
    4
    Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts
    Blog Entries
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Need a butera one.
    DC used to have a Thome shirt that read "600 Naturally".

    We should do a Butera one that reads ".500(OPS) Naturally".
    Nice. I will probably order that Game Six shirt pretty soon. Wow.

  5. #5
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,674
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,312
    Liked 1,823 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Are these available now for purchase? Christmas is coming! I want a 'Killer' shirt ... my baseball hero growing up.

  6. #6
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,952
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    46
    Liked 1,476 Times in 773 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Nice. I will probably order that Game Six shirt pretty soon. Wow.
    That design pre-dates my interest in the company but it's one of my favorites.

    One of the comical things about entering this project was my sudden realization that, outside of the Twins, memorable sports moments in Minnesota are almost universally linked to spectacular failure. It makes designing a "timeless" shirt that people will buy for years rather difficult.

  7. #7
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,952
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    46
    Liked 1,476 Times in 773 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Are these available now for purchase? Christmas is coming! I want a 'Killer' shirt ... my baseball hero growing up.
    About half are available for purchase now with the other half on their way well before Christmas. We'll be shipping everything shown on the site in time for the holidays if you're looking to buy gifts.

    Be sure to use the "TwinsDaily" code, everybody. It saves you five bucks on any order over $30.

  8. #8
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,674
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,312
    Liked 1,823 Times in 1,066 Posts
    This is great ... thanks ... never know what to get my nephews ... girls are so much easier to shop for! (Although there are some there I'd get for my nieces, too!)

  9. #9
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,500
    Like
    840
    Liked 1,173 Times in 624 Posts
    Love the DC designs, my Thome is my Homey shirt is almost worn out (). The Walks will Haunt is next, awesome! Everyone should grab a "Plouffe There it is" shirt for $10, just in case.

    Keep more Twins stuff coming, you'd think a Scott Diamond one would be a natural.

    In keeping with the "spectacular failure theme, how about some Gopher football and basketball designs? Jerry and Tubby are a treasure trove of material for slogans and the time is right to immortalize A.J. Barker with a limited run special.

    Good work!

  10. #10
    Love the Walks Will Haunt shirt. Does it say "Told You So" on the back?

  11. #11
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,952
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    46
    Liked 1,476 Times in 773 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by glanzer View Post
    Love the Walks Will Haunt shirt. Does it say "Told You So" on the back?
    Hah, no, it's a one-sided shirt. That's a pretty good idea, though.

  12. #12
    Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Posts
    1,235
    Like
    8
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    We could bring back more European "fans" to the website with "Hala Twins" or "Hala T-Wolves" shirts.

  13. #13
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,952
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    46
    Liked 1,476 Times in 773 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Love the DC designs, my Thome is my Homey shirt is almost worn out (). The Walks will Haunt is next, awesome! Everyone should grab a "Plouffe There it is" shirt for $10, just in case.

    Keep more Twins stuff coming, you'd think a Scott Diamond one would be a natural.

    In keeping with the "spectacular failure theme, how about some Gopher football and basketball designs? Jerry and Tubby are a treasure trove of material for slogans and the time is right to immortalize A.J. Barker with a limited run special.

    Good work!
    We're torn on Twins shirt designs. You'd think a Joe Mauer one would be an obvious choice but we're a little gun-shy because the guy gets so much (undeserved) negative press. We'll be rolling out new designs for the upcoming season, though. Expect to see new stuff in January and here's hoping the Twins sign a free agent that gets the fanbase excited about the team again.

    As for Scott Diamond, if he starts out strong in 2013, I think a design is in order for the guy. Right now, I think both Parker and I are a little skeptical of his performance in the coming season.

  14. #14
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,270
    Like
    32
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    I saw this a week ago and I have about 5-6 to order for Christmas and myself.

    My favorites are the 'original lake state' and 'game 6 (the red)'. My mom is definitely getting the killer shirt. I also really like the All Day design but I've mostly lost interest in the Vikings.

    Frankkkkkkkie is also a really well done shirt. I might order one for $5 but I have a beef with him.

  15. #15
    Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Posts
    1,235
    Like
    8
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Love the DC designs, my Thome is my Homey shirt is almost worn out (). The Walks will Haunt is next, awesome! Everyone should grab a "Plouffe There it is" shirt for $10, just in case.

    Keep more Twins stuff coming, you'd think a Scott Diamond one would be a natural.

    In keeping with the "spectacular failure theme, how about some Gopher football and basketball designs? Jerry and Tubby are a treasure trove of material for slogans and the time is right to immortalize A.J. Barker with a limited run special.

    Good work!
    We're torn on Twins shirt designs. You'd think a Joe Mauer one would be an obvious choice but we're a little gun-shy because the guy gets so much (undeserved) negative press. We'll be rolling out new designs for the upcoming season, though. Expect to see new stuff in January and here's hoping the Twins sign a free agent that gets the fanbase excited about the team again.

    As for Scott Diamond, if he starts out strong in 2013, I think a design is in order for the guy. Right now, I think both Parker and I are a little skeptical of his performance in the coming season.
    Anything Nikola Pekovic I'd probably buy.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Posts
    757
    Like
    27
    Liked 104 Times in 66 Posts
    I would like Darko and Punto throwback shirts please. Those would really sell.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    314
    Like
    24
    Liked 61 Times in 38 Posts
    I like the Lakeshow design but wish it didn't have that faded vintage look.

  18. #18
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,874
    Like
    74
    Liked 351 Times in 175 Posts
    I really think there should be a hall of shame one featuring: Tony Bautista, Juan Castro, Livan Hernandez, Sidney Ponson, Brett Boone, and Nishioka.

  19. #19
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,952
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    46
    Liked 1,476 Times in 773 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I really think there should be a hall of shame one featuring: Tony Bautista, Juan Castro, Livan Hernandez, Sidney Ponson, Brett Boone, and Nishioka.
    That would be hilarious.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    925
    Like
    40
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Hmmm...Gopher stuff? Just saying....

    Also, us "hefty" men will have difficulty with only XXL offered.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.