Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Field Claimed by Angels

  1. #1
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,924
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515

    Field Claimed by Angels

    According to MLB Trade Rumors, the Angels have claimed Thomas Field, the shortstop that the Twins claimed from Colorado earlier this month. No surprise. In fact, I kind of expected it to happen sooner. The move puts the Twins 40 man roster at 39 heading into the Winter Meetings.

  2. #2
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,125
    Like
    370
    Liked 329 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Tommie, we hardly knew ye...

    The point, again on the original move was...what???

  3. #3
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Tommie, we hardly knew ye...

    The point, again on the original move was...what???
    Haha i hear ya...who knows?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    580
    Like
    8
    Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
    So does this mean the Twins are finally make a FA signing now that they have an open spot? Drew Butera should be non tendered by the deadline. Come on does any other team in baseball have 5 catchers on their 40 man roster???

  5. #5
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,125
    Like
    370
    Liked 329 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Tommie, we hardly knew ye...

    The point, again on the original move was...what???
    Haha i hear ya...who knows?
    Two more spots to clear via DFA/non-tender before the Winter Meetings left. Son of Sal and the other 30 day wonder, Tim Wood.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Tommie, we hardly knew ye...

    The point, again on the original move was...what???
    Haha i hear ya...who knows?
    Two more spots to clear via DFA/non-tender before the Winter Meetings left. Son of Sal and the other 30 day wonder, Tim Wood.

    Some how...Some way.....Butera will be a Twin next year.

  7. #7
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,125
    Like
    370
    Liked 329 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by darin617 View Post
    So does this mean the Twins are finally make a FA signing now that they have an open spot? Drew Butera should be non tendered by the deadline. Come on does any other team in baseball have 5 catchers on their 40 man roster???
    Any team that Gardy manages can't risk one AB from a pitcher in extra innings, he'd have 6 backstops if he could get away with it.

    Quouth Gardy: "Cmon, that's simple stuff!"

  8. #8
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,125
    Like
    370
    Liked 329 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Tommie, we hardly knew ye...

    The point, again on the original move was...what???
    Haha i hear ya...who knows?
    Two more spots to clear via DFA/non-tender before the Winter Meetings left. Son of Sal and the other 30 day wonder, Tim Wood.

    Some how...Some way.....Butera will be a Twin next year.
    With my tongue only semi-planted-in-cheek, I'd invite DrewBie in as a non-roster Relief PItcher. Sal Jr hit 95 on the gun in his pitching gem this year.

  9. #9
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,924
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    The Twins did the same with Florimon last year. They claimed him and then DFAd him. He cleared and they were able to keep him. I would put Field behind Dozier, Carroll, Florimon, Escobar, and Beresford, so if he cleared, cool. If not, oh well.

    Butera could be DFAd on Friday.

    Tim Wood can't be taken off the 40 man roster until spring training.

  10. #10
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,125
    Like
    370
    Liked 329 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    The Twins did the same with Florimon last year. They claimed him and then DFAd him. He cleared and they were able to keep him. I would put Field behind Dozier, Carroll, Florimon, Escobar, and Beresford, so if he cleared, cool. If not, oh well.

    Butera could be DFAd on Friday.

    Tim Wood can't be taken off the 40 man roster until spring training.
    Thanks for the update, Seth.

    Question. What was the difference in player status between Field and Wood?

  11. #11
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Tommie, we hardly knew ye...

    The point, again on the original move was...what???
    Haha i hear ya...who knows?
    Two more spots to clear via DFA/non-tender before the Winter Meetings left. Son of Sal and the other 30 day wonder, Tim Wood.

    Some how...Some way.....Butera will be a Twin next year.
    With my tongue only semi-planted-in-cheek, I'd invite DrewBie in as a non-roster Relief PItcher. Sal Jr hit 95 on the gun in his pitching gem this year.
    haha i literally just laughed out loud. We just need to cut the chord with Butera.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.