Thread: Trade Target Asdrubal Cabrera

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trade Target Asdrubal Cabrera

Cleveland is looking to trade their SS and OF and anyone else they can to stockpile prospects. What about a trade of one of our prospects preferably OF to Cleveland for Cabrera? I know cabrera costs money but is an above average former All Star SS. What would it take to get this done and would the Twins dare?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    It's pretty simple. You trade for Asdrubal if you are also signing Greinke and a 2nd very good pitcher. He's only under contract for 2 more seasons and you have to assume that the Indians would be asking for really good prospects. Possibly 2 of the Twins top 10.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    It's pretty simple. You trade for Asdrubal if you are also signing Greinke and a 2nd very good pitcher. He's only under contract for 2 more seasons and you have to assume that the Indians would be asking for really good prospects. Possibly 2 of the Twins top 10.
    I'm guessing you're of the opinion "no thank you"
    Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 181 Times in 102 Posts
    Yeah, the cost isn't worth it in this case, if he was the "missing piece" sure, but the Twins don't need to be trading any of there 2014+ assets for short time help now.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Yeah, the cost isn't worth it in this case, if he was the "missing piece" sure, but the Twins don't need to be trading any of there 2014+ assets for short time help now.
    Exactly right. He isnt the missing link. As much as I would like Cabrera to be a fixture a SS, its not worth mortgaging the future.

Liked 111 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd love to have him but it sounds like Cle is only letting go of him for pitching.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    I'm guessing you're of the opinion "no thank you"
    I really don't see the point of trading 1-2 top prospects for a top SS when your rotation will make it impossible to win more than 75 games. 2-3 yrs ago I would be pushing this trade as much (or more) as anyone.