Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: When Todd Walker makes the hall of fame (this year?) will he be wearing a Twins hat?

  1. #1
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,987
    Like
    103
    Liked 386 Times in 201 Posts

    When Todd Walker makes the hall of fame (this year?) will he be wearing a Twins hat?

    First off, I realize there is a chance that Todd Walker won't be a first ballot hall of famer. He may have to wait a year or two, but no need to hold off on this discussion.

    I think the clear choice is Minnesota: Walker had his best year in a Twins uniform and also played in Minnesota 2 more seasons then any other place. Though I could see him choosing Chicago because of the whole mystique of the Cubs thing, and he may not be a fan of how Minnesota let him go.

    What are your thoughts?
    I think he comes close to getting in this year. To many dirty names on the ballot and Walker is clean.

  2. #2
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,113
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    49
    Liked 1,589 Times in 826 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    I hope his plaque goes next to Ozzie Smith. One can only imagine what a double play duo those two would have been.

    Unstoppable, to say the least.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    445
    Like
    1
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    First, there is no way Todd Walker makes the HOF.

    Also, even if he did, he doesn't get to pick which hat he would wear. MLB now chooses which team HOF'ers go in with.

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,987
    Like
    103
    Liked 386 Times in 201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I hope his plaque goes next to Ozzie Smith. One can only imagine what a double play duo those two would have been.

    Unstoppable, to say the least.
    It's a good comp no doubt, Walker actually gets a big check mark next to his name when you compare offensive output of course.

  5. #5
    Senior Member All-Star James's Avatar
    Posts
    1,271
    Like
    289
    Liked 140 Times in 87 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the players don't get to pick which team they go in under any more. It's decided by the HOF itself, usually based on where the player had the biggest impact. Clearly, that would have been during his amazing career with the Twins.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,232
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Funny article about how HOF hats are chosen...

    http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/24/15...ap-plaque-wear

  7. #7
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,987
    Like
    103
    Liked 386 Times in 201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'm pretty sure the players don't get to pick which team they go in under any more. It's decided by the HOF itself, usually based on where the player had the biggest impact. Clearly, that would have been during his amazing career with the Twins.
    Good point, however players can often "lobby" on their own behalf.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    591
    Like
    11
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetOne69 View Post
    First, there is no way Todd Walker makes the HOF.

    Also, even if he did, he doesn't get to pick which hat he would wear. MLB now chooses which team HOF'ers go in with.
    Oh...

  9. #9
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    591
    Like
    11
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Didn't he get a hit in like 11 straight at bats or something? Thats good enough for me.

  10. #10
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    4,085
    Like
    1,816
    Liked 1,288 Times in 519 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetOne69 View Post
    First, there is no way Todd Walker makes the HOF.
    Woosh?
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

  11. #11
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,678
    Like
    2,653
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetOne69 View Post
    First, there is no way Todd Walker makes the HOF.
    Very underrated player, I think he has a shot. Finished 17th in the NL in Plate Appearances in 2002, and followed that up the next season by tying for 30th in the AL in RBI. He really was that good, and his defense nearly matched that.

  12. #12
    Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Posts
    1,235
    Like
    8
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    First off, I realize there is a chance that Todd Walker won't be a first ballot hall of famer. He may have to wait a year or two, but no need to hold off on this discussion.

    I think the clear choice is Minnesota: Walker had his best year in a Twins uniform and also played in Minnesota 2 more seasons then any other place. Though I could see him choosing Chicago because of the whole mystique of the Cubs thing, and he may not be a fan of how Minnesota let him go.

    What are your thoughts?
    I think he comes close to getting in this year. To many dirty names on the ballot and Walker is clean.
    Is this some kind of joke?!

    When Todd makes the HOF, I think it's pretty obvious that he'll be wearing a Padres' hat. Unreal that this is even discussable.

  13. #13
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,787
    Like
    234
    Liked 483 Times in 234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetOne69 View Post
    First, there is no way Todd Walker makes the HOF.
    Woosh?
    There's always one.
    Chris Hermann solves everything. hat tip to jokin

  14. #14
    Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,382
    Like
    417
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I hope his plaque goes next to Ozzie Smith. One can only imagine what a double play duo those two would have been.

    Unstoppable, to say the least.
    I think the HOF voters will probably wait and send him in with Mark Derosa...

  15. #15
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,713
    Like
    1,159
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Some of this is really cracking me up....but really, it is clear he he is first ballot. And I anticipate a Twins hat...question is, knoblauch may steal votes if he does not get in first ballot. So how do we help him avoid that?

  16. #16
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,607
    Like
    3,679
    Liked 3,167 Times in 1,356 Posts
    I understand Walker has already texted Tom Kelly asking Tom to present him when he goes into the hall.

  17. #17
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,713
    Like
    1,159
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Awesome chief.

  18. #18
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,987
    Like
    103
    Liked 386 Times in 201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I hope his plaque goes next to Ozzie Smith. One can only imagine what a double play duo those two would have been.

    Unstoppable, to say the least.
    I think the HOF voters will probably wait and send him in with Mark Derosa...
    Nah, he won't be a 9th ballot hall of famer. Way before then.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    135
    Like
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Terrry Ryan needs to save us from discussions like this by making a trade or signing a free agent or disciplining a player for a DWI (Oh that's Rick Spielman's job, sorry) . . .

  20. #20
    Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,382
    Like
    417
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    they might make an exception to the 5 year rule for Derosa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.