Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Could the Twins still trade Ben Revere?

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Could the Twins still trade Ben Revere?

Liked 726 Times in 386 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was truly looking forward to seeing Revere play CF all year. I love his hustle and his range. But if the price is right, maybe it makes sense to go with Hicks.

What if Hicks bombs? Who would take over CF then? Benson?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would consider the Cincinnati Reds a better trade partner than the Atlanta Braves. The Braves just signed B.J. Upton and are looking for a corner outfielder. I have to believe that now is a great time to trade Revere because CF's are at a premium and going off the market fast. If the Twins traded Revere for a starting pitcher they could always start Darin Mastroanni until Hicks or Benson was ready. The Twins might have the best outfield prospects in the majors with Benson, Buxton, Hicks, Arcia, and Rosario. Also don't forget about Nate Roberts who was terrific in the AFL.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com hears that the Twins might consider trading Ben Revere.

It would be a strange move, given that they just cleared room in center field for Revere by dealing Denard Span. Even more bizarre is that Morosi says they would be looking for a center fielder in return. Revere has zero power but batted .294 with 40 steals in 2012 and also offers great defense. He's under team control through 2017.

Source: Jon Paul Morosi on Twitter

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 105 Times in 77 Posts
    Depends what they are offered for Revere--but I don't think it will be much. He has little ML service time to place trust in--so it would be a "prospect-for-prospect" trade.

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For a pitcher Ok... For an OF'er... That don't make much sense.

It would be the chance for Benson to step up with Hicks in the background at Rochester. Or the Twins could sign some low-end guy LIKE a Juan Pierre. Maybe bring back Delmon, who along with Liriano will make the dugout old home week. Hell, trade for Kubel and/or Cuddyer, too. Bring back Jon Rauch. If the price is right, you go for it...remember Carlos Gomez!!!!!!!!

Hicks!

Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I was truly looking forward to seeing Revere play CF all year. I love his hustle and his range. But if the price is right, maybe it makes sense to go with Hicks.

Revere is a great fielder, but Hicks has a few tools that Revere lacks. I would be alright with the trade as long as that what we would get in return would be at least a SP better than the potential free agents that they have been linked to during the beginning of this years winter meetings, not to high on Jurrjens' out there.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 384 Times in 235 Posts
    Does moving Span and Revere cause the Twins to consider moving Rosario back to the OF? I hope not, I like him at 2B.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsPageToday.com View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post

Revere is a great fielder, but Hicks has a few tools that Revere lacks. I would be alright with the trade as long as that what we would get in return would be at least a SP better than the potential free agents that they have been linked to during the beginning of this years winter meetings, not to high on Jurrjens' out there.
    i would take another high reward prospect in return....building towards 2015

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Or ruf from the phillys

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    So who needs Ben? Phillies, Reds, Braves?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If we can get a solid minor league pitcher I dont mind this at all. Leave it up to an open competition next year between Hicks/Benson or someone else. 2013 seems like a lost cause...total rebuilding year.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    The Rays?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kcm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    The Rays?
    Its tough trading with the Rays though, they have a great front office and they usually know what the hell theyre doing when it comes to trades. Most likely candidates would probably Braves and Reds. Maybe there is a wild card team out there who would like Revere.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What the hell? I have to wonder if a Revere-Hermsen-Salcedo package would have worked in place of Span. I would rather have Span. And that would include trading Span later, potentially.

Given the cost, I can't see them trading Revere now, as in this offseason.

I wonder about Gardy's comment. OBVIOUSLY, from the get-go, Morneau was the best trade option. Watch where Hamilton goes, because if he leaves Texas and Michael Young is traded, Morneau would be very appealing to Texas.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    By the way, remember that flak given to the ST guy about a Young-Liriano trade? Hindsight . . .

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If Revere does get traded.... everyone not part of the future better be gone also like Morneau and Willingham

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Twins need pitching and more pitching. If Revere brings a decent prospect go for it.
    Earlier list of outfield prospects missed Kepler.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is a Revere for Hellickson trade possible?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast