Thread: Chances of Hardy Reunion?

Chances of Hardy Reunion?

Just wondering if the Twins would open the door back up to Hardy. He battled wrist injuries in his lone season with the Twins. I'd take a flyer on one of the best defensive shortstops in the game who can also belt 20+ homers at a respectable $7 mill per over the next two years. Did I mention he and Joe Mauer are buddies?

Liked 1,032 Times in 469 Posts
    Impossible. The Twins no longer own Jim Hoey to offer up in return.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 590 Times in 225 Posts
    He's much too slow to play the middle infield.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Yeap I heard Cristian Guzman is available he is super fast! How about Luis Rivas? My point is you dont have to be super fast to play middle infield.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hardy would never want to return to this team.

Liked 1,032 Times in 469 Posts
    He's no T-nish, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Not many are.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."

Ryan has already announced they will not add any more middle infielders to the roster & will go to camp with the 4 competing for playing time.
    AAARRRGGGHHHHH
    Gardy hated Hardy & was the #1 reason he was dealt......no other reason

Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Yeap I heard Cristian Guzman is available he is super fast! How about Luis Rivas? My point is you dont have to be super fast to play middle infield.
    Unfortunately there's no sarcasm font. I doubt snepp was actually saying that Hardy is too slow to be a good shortstop, but rather the Twins seem to prefer small-ish, light-hitting guys in the middle infield for some reason. I think this was one of the reasons Hardy didn't work out in MN.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mbents View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Unfortunately there's no sarcasm font. I doubt snepp was actually saying that Hardy is too slow to be a good shortstop, but rather the Twins seem to prefer small-ish, light-hitting guys in the middle infield for some reason. I think this was one of the reasons Hardy didn't work out in MN.
    Hardy didnt work because he was hurt all year and barely did squat. A lot of people thought he should be booted out of town, on top of that The Amazing Bill Smith Signed Nishi, so the Twins never really gave Hardy a chance.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    Look at from a business aspect...Hardy didn't have reporters from Japan all over him. He didn't have a supermodel wife/girlfriend who was the biggest thing on the small islands of Japan.

Nishi brought our franchise only wealth and prosperity...not to mention great at turning the double play with his new best buddy Brendan Harris. I said good ridens to JJ then, and I stick to it.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 178 Times in 102 Posts
    Can we please stop talking about that worthless sack of **** Nishioka? I hope that guy gets thrown out of Japan for terrible play, not before he makes the WBC though, and gets beaned in the back by Berrios.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,215 Times in 725 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Not many are.
    Not true. You have to go to rec-league ball to find them, though.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    We'll stop talking about him when another team has a blunder as mammoth as that one. It has everything you look for in a bust/bad deal. Trading a proven commodity at the hardest position to find talent (a position the franchise has been poor in for at least the past decade), getting virtually nothing in exchange for a proven commodity, a huge posting fee and contract for an infield japanese player, a player that will go down as one of the worst in not just twins history, but baseball history, a guy that was so bad, he actually gave up millions of dollars because he was disrespecting his ancestors (Shinto) by taking a big paycheck. Did I mention that when he did play in the Majors, you had to have the puke bucket ready because he would either make you laugh until you vommitted or you his play would be so bad he would make you vommit. And this proven commodity you traded, won another gold glove this year

That is why we keep talking about him. His Shinto ways discraced the Twins ancestors and we are the worst team in the majors...possibly from this deal alone.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 178 Times in 102 Posts
    The chances of JJ Hardy coming back to Minnesota are about the same as my chances to hook up with Kate Upton:

About 50/50.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hardy made too much sense the first time they got him, he makes too much sense now. For some reason the Twins felt he was not a right fit. Too bad. An above average SS on a team starving for one...

Quote Originally Posted by mbents View Post
    Unfortunately there's no sarcasm font. I doubt snepp was actually saying that Hardy is too slow to be a good shortstop, .
    Oh no, I was 110% serious. Hardy isn't athletic enough. The Twins said so, so it must be true!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    The chances of JJ Hardy coming back to Minnesota are about the same as my chances to hook up with Kate Upton:

About 50/50.
    When you and Kate go out, could you call me? I'd really like to meet her. I believe in you Dave!