Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Ben Revere Traded to Philly for RHP Vance Worley & Top Pitching Prospect

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great trade pretting effin excited for the return we got. Everyone...go to church this weekend and pray that Worley is not going to have Tommy John eventually. Someone tried to tell me the other day CFs have no value this year...look what we just got for Revere! Grade Trade...very excited.....!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    AND RHP Trevor May. TR got this one right.
    Holy crap. TR just ****ed the Phillies so hard.

Pardon my French. There's no better way to put it.
    Couldn't agree more. This is vintage Terry Ryan here. Has the feel of the Pierzynski trade... only way more initial excitement.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Revere for Worley straight up would have been a good trade.
    Revere for May straight up would have been a great trade.

I can't believe we got both of these guys. Face it, Revere had maybe one year where he would be our best CF option. There is a good chance that by June he would have been back to a 4th OF anyways due to Hicks.
    I cant believe we got both of these guys either! As much as I liked Revere he sooner or later would have been replaced...just like you said Dave.....My question is......Morneau and Willingham....are they next? I was reading the the Rockies believe Cuddyer has lots of value due to this OF market right now.....so I really wonder what Willingham could get us in return.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 381 Times in 234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Chances the TWINS sign Michael "Jason" Bourn??? That is what this offseason was about.
    Ha, none, Boras is going to be pissed at the Twins for flooding the market with cheap centerfielders. The Twins might as well go after Josh Hamilton.

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 464 Times in 291 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Interesting that we actually got more for Revere than we did for Span. I'd put May between Meyers and Gibson. Worley becomes the number 2 starter, for the time being, behind Scott Diamond.

For some reason I picture TR sitting in a room with Ben Revere fielding highlights playing on a large screen behind him while the Phillies brass walks in. Using it as distraction to pull off the deal.
    I'll Denard your Span.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glanzer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    AND RHP Trevor May. TR got this one right.
    Holy crap. TR just ****ed the Phillies so hard.

Pardon my French. There's no better way to put it.
    Couldn't agree more. This is vintage Terry Ryan here. Has the feel of the Pierzynski trade... only way more initial excitement.
    This trade made me as hard as watching Kate Upton do the Cat Daddy Dance!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Will Joe Benson be starting in center field on opening day? Whereas Hicks may be the centerfielder of the short-term future, I doubt the Twins believe he will be ready on opening day. More likely sometime next summer. As for Benson, everything possible went wrong last year including two serious injuries (hamate bone and knee). What effect that had on his dismal season is unknown, however, one has to assume it had a real effect. If 100% healthy in spring, he just could report to Fort Myers and 'win' the starting centerfield job. On the other hand, Mr. Ryan will probably scrounge around for someone to compete with Mastroianni for center/4th outfielder should neither of the close kids win the job.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Nice deal for the Twins, from a Braves fan perspective, I'm happy to see Worley out of the division. For some reason, he was the only righty (including Halladay) in the division that confuddled the Braves consistently. He's not an ace by any means, but he's a very solid pitcher whose stuff seems to "explode" to its location at the end. What that means, for those who don't understand the physics of it, is that unlike a normal pitch that slows down as it reaches the plate, Worley's pitch maintains velocity to the catcher's mitt, which is very deceptive to the hitter, and it leads to a lot of called strikes. I see May a lot like Meyer. If he can stick as a starter, he's ace possibility, but he's got a very high probability of spending his career as a stellar reliever rather than a starter because of some odd mechanics that could wear down over a season of 200+ innings.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 381 Times in 234 Posts
    Well there's really no doubt 2013 is a reabuild year now. There's no one batting ahead of Mauer who can get on base now. I hope the Twins go all in about the rebuild and keep getting prospects for the expendable vets. I can wait a year and seems like everyone on this board is in agreement. It will be a harder sell to the regular Twins fans watching at home though.

Love Revere, but this seems like a great trade for the Twins.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 113 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Well there's really no doubt 2013 is a reabuild year now. There's no one batting ahead of Mauer who can get on base now. I hope the Twins go all in about the rebuild and keep getting prospects for the expendable vets. I can wait a year and seems like everyone on this board is in agreement. It will be a harder sell to the regular Twins fans watching at home though.
    It's easier top be patient when you have a competent GM at the helm as opposed to a bumbling buffoon.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I like what they got for Revere considering what Revere was but I believe Meyer will end up better than both of the guys we got for Revere.

I do love this trade though...partly cause I don't feel we lost much...but also because it addresses pitching for the present and future. Ryan robbed the Phillies GM, which is fun to see.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts
    I don't mind rebuilding, I enjoy watching the Twins and spending time following prospects. Should be fun to watch young guys learn to play at the major league level.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Unless they bring Hicks up and he does what he's capable of doing...heck bring up Hicks and Arcia now....which is what I wanted all along

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 113 Times in 68 Posts
    Good trade for Philly, great trade for the Twins.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,603 Times in 832 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    I like what they got for Revere considering what Revere was but I believe Meyer will end up better than both of the guys we got for Revere.

I do love this trade though...partly cause I don't feel we lost much...but also because it addresses pitching for the present and future. Ryan robbed the Phillies GM, which is fun to see.
    Meyer is a better prospect than May.

But given how many pitchers the Twins need in both the short and long term, it's impossible not to love this deal.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    new top 10. I guess we should wait till spring training at this pace to do one of these lists.

1. Sano
    2. Buxton
    3. Arcia
    4. Meyers
    5. Hicks
    6. Gibson
    7. May
    8. Rosario

THis system is getting deep.

I guess CF is now Hicks to lose.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post

Meyer is a better prospect than May.

But given how many pitchers the Twins need in both the short and long term, it's impossible not to love this deal.
    Exactly.....Is Morneau and Willingham next?!

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It had to be done, I guess. I liked Revere, but didn't think the Twins could carry him and Span in the OF (not enough power). Now, both are gone. Who plays center next year? Aaron Hicks? Joe Benson? Mastro? Well, you can't say that Ryan had a do-nothing Winter Meetings.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast