Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Training - Game 13 - vs TOR - 3/13/12

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post
    Shanewahl,

Wow we actually agree on something!! I totally agree Jared Burton has looked really good this spring. Give credit to Seth Stohs for predicting he was a solid minor league signing. I personally had never heard of the guy before this winter. Alex Burnett is 23 years old in the prime of his career and looks terrible. I sure hope the three bullpen guys are Jared Burton, Kyle Waldrop, and Carlos Gutierrez. However, I have been very vocal about team taking a chance on Michael Wuertz. I would love to see that happen.
    Yes, if we agree on something, it must be true. Seven will go north and they will probably need 12 solid relievers for the year, barring major health problems. Burton, Waldrop, and Gutierrez should certainly be in that top 12.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would like to see Gutierrez given the closer role at Rochester to see what he can do. I almost wish that Swarzak wouldn't have fooled people last year. I don't think he is very good, and seems to me to be a AAAA pitcher. But oh well. At this point I could see two of the following breaking with the Twins: Doyle, Waldrop, Maloney, Manship, and Wise. This would round out the bullpen with Capps, Perkins, Duensing, Burton and Swarzak.

The other three should provide good depth at Rochester. I would like to see Burnett as the setup man for Gutierrez.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12