Thread: Article: 12 Questions With... Adam Walker

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: 12 Questions With... Adam Walker

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Very cool. Always nice of athletes to be this available.

Senior Member Triple-A Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 56 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Very cool. Always nice of athletes to be this available.
    Agreed - like this kid based on his answers.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great interview. I look forward to watching Adam move up through the system. He seems like an intelligent young man who has a high ceiling, not just as a baseball player.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Very good athlete with crazy power. Definitely has that game changing potential (Power).
    GO E'TOWN - That was an amazing championship game too
    Great article - You have to love a kid who has Sandlot as his favorite baseball movie.

Blog Entries
    Yup, he did a very nice job on answering the questions... He has huge power potential, and that's exciting!

That his favorite baseball movie is "The Sandlot" says a lot about this young man. The Twins picked a winner here.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice interview. Beloit is going to have a loaded OF with Kepler-Buxton-Walker. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Nice interview. Beloit is going to have a loaded OF with Kepler-Buxton-Walker. Wow.
    I know its just a slip on your part, but Cedar Rapids is going to have a loaded OF

Blog Entries
    We'll all get there soon, I think. I'm constantly catching myself too. Loved Beloit. Will take an adjustment and some games to make it more "normal."

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Yeah, insane athleticism in Iowa this summer. I am hoping to drive down to see the Georgia Peach. Maybe I will see the German Peach too? All three guys have a shot to play in Minnesota by 2015, IMO.

I love these prospect interviews and the players who post here. Thanks seth and adam--hope we see more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM DC Twins Fans View Post
    I love these prospect interviews and the players who post here. Thanks seth and adam--hope we see more.
    Check back later this week! Thank you!! I enjoy them too!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Awesome way to get to know our guys.

His answer to the quesion about what he learned in E'town was interesting. He said he learned a lot defensively but there was not a lot of learning offensively. Is that intentional? I can't imagine they make players wait until full season ball to begin working on the offensive improvements.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes, offense is about slight adjustments and not major adjustments. Slight movement of the hands or slight adjustment to your balance so that you see the ball better. That only comes with repetition and can be done anywhere. Defense is more about situations and how you see the game in front of you on every pitch. The right throws to make and the right fielding alignment based on base runners and outs. I can understand Fall ball being about learning the game better for these prospects.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good luck next year. It's a fun read. Hope to see him in CR next year.

Blog Entries
    That first partial season is about a lot more than baseball for many of these kids. It's about being away, having a job, getting paid, and so much more. Not to mention, they are learning new positions, or using a wood bat for the first time, etc.

For hitters, any good hitting coach will not try to do anything to a hitter. The player was drafted because he was a pretty good hitter, so you let them come in and be themselves. They can't make cookie-cutter hitters, so there should never be one right way. Also, as Adam wrote, a hitter needs to be able to make some of those adjustments on his own. That said, after a couple of months, the hitting coach will see things and they'll work on things. Jeff Reed has been the hitting coach in E-Town for 11 seasons and had a very solid big league career. He is very good.