Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Indians, reds and dbacks trade

  1. #1
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Indians, reds and dbacks trade

    The Cleveland Indians have traded outfielder Shin-Soo Choo to the Cincinnati Reds and acquired pitcher Trevor Bauer from the Arizona Diamondbacks in a three-team deal involving nine players.Center fielder Drew Stubbs was sent from Cincinnati to Cleveland as part of the trade announced Tuesday night.
    In addition to Stubbs, the Indians received Bauer, the No. 3 pick in the 2011 draft, and right-handers Matt Albers and Bryan Shaw from the Diamondbacks.
    Cleveland shipped Choo, infielder-outfielder Jason Donald and cash to the Reds, while sending left-handed reliever Tony Sipp and first baseman Lars Anderson to Arizona.
    The Diamondbacks also received minor league shortstop Didi Gregorius from Cincinnati.

  2. #2
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    4,605
    Like
    496
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Bauer? Um, he's a much better prospect than any the Twins got in the last two trades, from what I've read. Don't know anything about anyone but Choo in the deal though...
    Lighten up Francis....

  3. #3
    Super Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    7,008
    Like
    1,150
    Liked 660 Times in 426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    If this trade doesn't mess with your head as far as player value... Nothing will... Can Gregorius really hang with Bauer and Choo for value.

    I like this trade for Cleveland at first blush.

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,166
    Like
    97
    Liked 54 Times in 38 Posts
    Wow. Great trade for Cleveland. Wish the Twins had gone after Bauer.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Double-A SgtSchmidt11's Avatar
    Posts
    124
    Like
    1
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    D-Backs just got robbed. They gave up all that for Gregorius?

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,077
    Like
    14
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    So Trevor Bauer is worth nothing.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Triple-A B Richard's Avatar
    Posts
    456
    Like
    12
    Liked 36 Times in 25 Posts
    The D Backs must've really not been hot on Bauer. Makes you wonder what the Twins could have nabbed him for. Really intriguing, this looks good for the Indians and Reds

  8. #8
    Read reports that Arizona got to be down on Bauer as the year went on last year. Tyler Skaags is their SP prospect that's pretty much untouchable.

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,161
    Like
    19
    Liked 195 Times in 123 Posts
    I'd be so upset if I was a Dback fan getting only a future utility infielder for one of the top pitching prospects.

  10. #10
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,166
    Like
    97
    Liked 54 Times in 38 Posts
    Amazing. Reds really didn't get much either. They lose a solid SS in Didi (and some people think he can be better than solid) and add Choo, a Boras free agent after the year, to play CF? (They also got Jason Donald + cash). They really needed a CFer. I wonder what kind of discussions they had with the Twins.

    Cleveland really did well. It's possible that Bauer doesn't develop and he's a bit of hothead apparently, DBack blogs are mentioning that he didn't work well with his catcher, Montero, wouldn't listen to his coaches and was and ripping Obama on twitter. Still, nice gamble.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Amazing. Reds really didn't get much either. They lose a solid SS in Didi (and some people think he can be better than solid) and add Choo, a Boras free agent after the year, to play CF? (They also got Jason Donald + cash). They really needed a CFer. I wonder what kind of discussions they had with the Twins.

    Cleveland really did well. It's possible that Bauer doesn't develop and he's a bit of hothead apparently, DBack blogs are mentioning that he didn't work well with his catcher, Montero, wouldn't listen to his coaches and was and ripping Obama on twitter. Still, nice gamble.
    The Reds recently moved their top prospect speedster Billy Hamilton from SS to CF. Looks likely they're going to call him up now. Doubt they'd have had interest in our CFers.
    Last edited by Mark_RM; 12-11-2012 at 09:39 PM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Great trade for the Indians....The other 2 teams didnt seem to fair to well.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    191
    Like
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_RM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Amazing. Reds really didn't get much either. They lose a solid SS in Didi (and some people think he can be better than solid) and add Choo, a Boras free agent after the year, to play CF? (They also got Jason Donald + cash). They really needed a CFer. I wonder what kind of discussions they had with the Twins.

    Cleveland really did well. It's possible that Bauer doesn't develop and he's a bit of hothead apparently, DBack blogs are mentioning that he didn't work well with his catcher, Montero, wouldn't listen to his coaches and was and ripping Obama on twitter. Still, nice gamble.
    The Reds recently moved their top prospect speedster Billy Hamilton from SS to CF. Looks likely they're going to call him up now. Doubt they'd have had interest in our CFers.
    From the Reds and Indians perspective this trade makes sense, at least in some form(Choo in CF could be interesting). Just don't see how you can basically do a Bauer for Gregarious swap though. Even if Bauer's value is down some, Gregorius was a C+ prospect last year according to Sickels and he didn't exactly set the world on fire this year either.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by iastfan112 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_RM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Amazing. Reds really didn't get much either. They lose a solid SS in Didi (and some people think he can be better than solid) and add Choo, a Boras free agent after the year, to play CF? (They also got Jason Donald + cash). They really needed a CFer. I wonder what kind of discussions they had with the Twins.

    Cleveland really did well. It's possible that Bauer doesn't develop and he's a bit of hothead apparently, DBack blogs are mentioning that he didn't work well with his catcher, Montero, wouldn't listen to his coaches and was and ripping Obama on twitter. Still, nice gamble.
    The Reds recently moved their top prospect speedster Billy Hamilton from SS to CF. Looks likely they're going to call him up now. Doubt they'd have had interest in our CFers.
    From the Reds and Indians perspective this trade makes sense, at least in some form(Choo in CF could be interesting). Just don't see how you can basically do a Bauer for Gregarious swap though. Even if Bauer's value is down some, Gregorius was a C+ prospect last year according to Sickels and he didn't exactly set the world on fire this year either.
    They definitely did sell low on Bauer, im sure they shopped his name around....and this possibly was the best deal for Bauer they could get.

  15. #15
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,144
    Like
    62
    Liked 74 Times in 50 Posts
    AZ received Tony Sipp LH RP and Lars Ansderson from CLEV as well as SS Gregorious from CIN. The trade wasn't quite that one-sided folks when the other two are included!

  16. #16
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    4,605
    Like
    496
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    We'll get a chance to see how good Bauer is up close and personal now (well, those that buy tickets will).
    Lighten up Francis....

  17. #17
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    233
    Like
    9
    Liked 25 Times in 16 Posts
    If healthy, Choo could do some damage in that ballpark. Morneau will be happy to see Sippy cup no longer in the division.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Double-A SgtSchmidt11's Avatar
    Posts
    124
    Like
    1
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    AZ received Tony Sipp LH RP and Lars Ansderson from CLEV as well as SS Gregorious from CIN. The trade wasn't quite that one-sided folks when the other two are included!
    The D-Backs also gave up two solid relievers for a redux LaPorta and a solid reliever. They got the wrong end.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    120
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The D-Backs must have really wanted to get rid of Bauer

  20. #20
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,077
    Like
    14
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    AZ received Tony Sipp LH RP and Lars Ansderson from CLEV as well as SS Gregorious from CIN. The trade wasn't quite that one-sided folks when the other two are included!
    A loogy and a formerly big name prospect that has crashed back to earth do nothing to change the trade.

    Read reports that Arizona got to be down on Bauer as the year went on last year. Tyler Skaags is their SP prospect that's pretty much untouchable.
    Even if you are down on someone that doesn't mean that you trade them for a utility IF'er, a loogy and a disappointing 1B prospect. they basically got Dozier, Perkins and Parmelee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.