Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Hearts?!

  1. #1
    Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Posts
    1,635
    Like
    0
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    140

    Hearts?!

    I like the new feature to "like" comments. But do they have to be hearts? I mean... really...

  2. #2
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,168
    Like
    19
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    I like the hearts. If I remember my '80's video game rules correctly, if I collect enough I'll get an extra life.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Triple-A gil4's Avatar
    Posts
    459
    Like
    24
    Liked 56 Times in 32 Posts
    I had to like it just to see. That is pretty bad - I LIKE the comment, I'm not in love with it. A thumbs up would be fine, a smiley would be better but still pretty bad.

    EDIT: No offense, Jerry, but I had to unlike it just to make that heart go away. I'm sure you understand.
    Last edited by gil4; 12-15-2012 at 10:51 PM.

  4. #4
    Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Posts
    1,635
    Like
    0
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by gil4 View Post
    I had to like it just to see. That is pretty bad - I LIKE the comment, I'm not in love with it. A thumbs up would be fine, a smiley would be better but still pretty bad.

    EDIT: No offense, Jerry, but I had to unlike it just to make that heart go away. I'm sure you understand.
    You didn't "unlike" it. You "unloved" it. But none of that hurts as much as you getting me name wrong.

    I'm just kidding. I don't want hearts under my comments anyway.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Triple-A raindog's Avatar
    Posts
    288
    Like
    34
    Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Yes, I am also insecure of my masculinity. Please fix this immediately.

  6. #6
    Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Posts
    1,635
    Like
    0
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    140
    It has nothing to do with any insecurities. It has to do with a usable function that, in my opinion, people won't fully utilize because it looks silly. I think the image would be better suited as a baseball.

  7. #7
    Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,077
    Like
    97
    Liked 341 Times in 194 Posts
    I think we should add sparkles too. Just go all-in.

  8. #8
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,576
    Like
    7
    Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    Tis the season to be jolly.
    Can people here find yet another thing to complain about (see random observation thread)?

  9. #9
    Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Posts
    1,635
    Like
    0
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    140
    It is a random observation more than a complaint. In hindsight, I should have just emailed Brock. The hearts are just... ... ... weird.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Posts
    536
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    I like the hearts. If I remember my '80's video game rules correctly, if I collect enough I'll get an extra life.
    Hearts measured your life in many 80's games. I believe you're thinking of coins. Or rings. Or green mushrooms.

  11. #11
    How about a little Fonzie head for a like and maybe a little Ralph Malph head for a dislike? If you're neutral you could use the Big Al head.

  12. #12
    Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Posts
    1,635
    Like
    0
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    140
    Greinke head for a like? Correia head for a dislike?

  13. #13
    Senior Member Triple-A gil4's Avatar
    Posts
    459
    Like
    24
    Liked 56 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    It is a random observation more than a complaint. In hindsight, I should have just emailed Brock. The hearts are just... ... ... weird.
    If you had just emailed we would have missed out on this fun thread, plus you would have missed out on having your name changed to Jerry. (Sorry about that.)

  14. #14
    Senior Member Triple-A gil4's Avatar
    Posts
    459
    Like
    24
    Liked 56 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    Greinke head for a like? Correia head for a dislike?
    Mauer for Like. Butera for Dislike. (The Mauer half probably won't work for a lot of people here, either.)

  15. #15
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    174
    Like
    8
    Liked 38 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gil4 View Post
    Mauer for Like. Butera for Dislike. (The Mauer half probably won't work for a lot of people here, either.)
    10+ [Insert picture of Mauer here]

  16. #16
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,168
    Like
    19
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boney View Post
    How about a little Fonzie head for a like and maybe a little Ralph Malph head for a dislike? If you're neutral you could use the Big Al head.
    And a Potsie if you think the poster is a complete idiot.

  17. #17
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,450
    Like
    82
    Liked 73 Times in 36 Posts
    Is there a way to give a thread/post a non-refundable boomdaddy to the chin? Cuz that would be amazing.
    There isn't enough defense on the planet to justify giving 500+ PA to a guy who can barely OPS .600.

  18. #18
    Could use a'K' symbol.....fits better than a heart fer sure

  19. #19
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    233
    Like
    9
    Liked 25 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Could use a'K' symbol.....fits better than a heart fer sure
    Twins don't believe in K's.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    And a Potsie if you think the poster is a complete idiot.
    So, are you saying you Fonzie my idea, or are you telling me to sit on it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.