Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Bullpen Help?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts

Lightbulb Bullpen Help?

I see a few decent RP's still out there, any chance on the Twins showing any interest in the following RP. Before I throw names out I would like to see them signed possibly to minor league deals.

Kyle Farnsworth
    Jason Frasor
    Matt Lindstrom
    Brandon Lyon
    Mike Gonzalez
    J.P. Howell

In other words, a bunch of former closers as insurance if Perkins falters as closer.

I don't think those guys would do minor league deals, but 40-man spots are slowly disappearing. Matt Capps still out there. Kyle Waldrop is without a job (and would take a minor league contract).
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

Oh, and the Twins are thinking Burton if Perkins falters, a;though they should also be thinking Slama...who would need a 40-man spot.
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

Liked 47 Times in 40 Posts
    Blog Entries
    the return of Hawkins.

I think we could sign one of the relievers, but i also wonder about Johnson at 2B or could he play CF?, or Alex Gonzales or Theriot at SS

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like J.P. Howell or Mike Gonzalez, They would give a second lefty or third lefty in the pen.

I'm low on just about that whole list. Farnsworth has the straightest fastball in all of baseball.

Brandon Lyon has probably looked the best as late as last year. But that'd have to be for a major league contract.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
    There is a reason many of these are former closers. Brandon Lyon had his best year last year, but was he worth what he was paid?