Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Torrii Hunter: Homophobe

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 184 Times in 104 Posts

Torrii Hunter: Homophobe

I mean, I liked him when he was playing for us. But **** him, what a jack ass, when will he just shut his mouth and realize nobody gives two ****s about his stupid ignorant thoughts?

Personally I hope he ends up hitting as well as Delmon Young for the Tigers. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...0197--mlb.html
    Last edited by SpiritofVodkaDave; 12-30-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Liked 321 Times in 191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Damn.
    I have to agree with you (scary)
    my last tweet minutes ago:
    Thrylos 98 ‏@thrylos98 So Torii Hunter in addition to being a had been and a redneck he is a bigot (glad the #MNTwins got rid of him) : http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/torii-hunter-having-openly-gay-teammate-difficult-uncomfortable-003930197--mlb.html …
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He's a bad teammate if he can't accept everyone for who they are in his dugout. Torii can keep his personal thoughts to himself.

Senior Member Double-A Lesser Dali's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I read the article - It is a shame Mr. Hunter feels that way. You would think with all of the money he has made, that the fire and brimstone of his beliefs would have crumbled away. I guess for some, religion has its place, but this line of thinking is rooted in the dark ages.

It is disappointing

I will give credit to the Tigers though, they did get rid of an Anti Semite OF and brought in an old homophobic one.

Change takes time I suppose.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Gee bashing a man for his thoughts ....sounds like the mutual admiration society has nothing news worry to debate tonight

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    So sad. Fear is rampant in certain communities though....

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Johnny, some thought are wrong....what if he was white and said he did not want a black on the team, would that be ok?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Gee bashing a man for his thoughts ....sounds like the mutual admiration society has nothing news worry to debate tonight
    Considering all the stones you have thrown ...

Taken down. Anyone have another link or screencap?

In a discussion about the number of black players in the Major Leagues, Hunter said during a USA Today-hosted committee to improve baseball panel that black Latinos do not count. "People see dark faces out there, and the perception is that they're African-American. They're not us. They're impostors. Even people I know come up and say: 'Hey, what color is Vladimir Guerrero? Is he a black player?' I say, 'Come on, he's Dominican. He's not black.' ... As African-American players, we have a theory that baseball can go get an imitator and pass them off as us. It's like they had to get some kind of dark faces, so they go to the Dominican or Venezuela because you can get them cheaper. It's like, 'Why should I get this kid from the South Side of Chicago and have Scott Boras represent him and pay him $5 million when you can get a Dominican guy for a bag of chips?' ... I'm telling you, it's sad."

Not exactly Hunters first umm..ill advised bigoted public comment...

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherezade View Post
    Taken down. Anyone have another link or screencap?
    Sorry, relinked it.

Senior Member Triple-A B Richard's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 25 Posts
    Tigers keeping it classy. Looking forward to another nyc dust-up involving a despicable Tigers outfielder

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Johnny, some thought are wrong....what if he was white and said he did not want a black on the team, would that be ok?
    so if you were on a team and your closer finshed taking a shower and came walking out wear bra and pantys and grab your butt that would be ok? no im not a homophob... but if a man has a problem because of his religous upbringing then you sit him down and show him from the bible that we are all gods children...you ask him what would jesus do? if this fails and it becomes a problem then you trade or release 1 of players.the fact that Tori is running his mouth again ,shouldnt affect us, if you dont like what he says , dont resd his tweets

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Oh so he is a general manager of the team? "{)

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 617 Times in 331 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    so if you were on a team and your closer finshed taking a shower and came walking out wear bra and pantys and grab your butt that would be ok? no im not a homophob... but if a man has a problem because of his religous upbringing then you sit him down and show him from the bible that we are all gods children...you ask him what would jesus do? if this fails and it becomes a problem then you trade or release 1 of players.the fact that Tori is running his mouth again ,shouldnt affect us, if you dont like what he says , dont resd his tweets
    There's a time and place for your devil's advocate routine, this isn't it. Homosexuals should not have to endure discrimination and hatred of this kind and turning a blind eye to it because it doesn't directly affect you is ignorant and wrong.

Guys like Hunter are a special kind of ignoramus, using their undeserved celebrity to trumpet their ridiculous and uneducated beliefs, thinking that any intelligent human being actually cares what they think.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    Quick, everyone run over each other to show, rather --anonymously write -- how tolerant you are.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 68 Posts
    Brain washed and egotistic. Hunter's never been given a reason to question the BS that was fed to him as a child (as so many athletes equate their success with God's will). Not a good recipe for decency.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I hate to break this to you but this is how most professional athletes feel.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I mean, I liked him when he was playing for us. But **** him, what a jack ass, when will he just shut his mouth and realize nobody gives two ****s about his stupid ignorant thoughts?

Personally I hope he ends up hitting as well as Delmon Young for the Tigers. Torii Hunter: Having an openly gay teammate would ?be difficult and uncomfortable? | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
    It is wrong for Hunter to feel uncomfortable with somebody who disagrees with his viewpoint but it is ok for you to insult somebody who disagrees with yours?

Frankly, I disagree with his view point and I still think your statements are worse than his.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast