Thread: Article: Minnesota Twins Roster & Payroll 2013

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 743 Times in 415 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Minnesota Twins Roster & Payroll 2013

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Brock, the scroll bar at the top of the MLB section isn't working.

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Those scroll bars have been removed and the ones that function correctly are found at the bottom of the tables.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have you logged the hours you have spent on this? It's my favorite thing here (aside from Torii is a homophobe threads, of course).

Blog Entries
    No, thank God. It's been a lot. I had all of the information in an Excel workbook, so the gathering of information for this page didn't take long (for the spreadsheet... well, that process was ongoing for a few years.) On the update posted today, I actually shaved off a lot of time by copying the page back on to an Excel spreadsheet and printing it off to look for things that needed to be edited. (I would actually advise you to do that if you seem to come to the page a lot... it's much handier to look at if you have paper in front of you than, in my case, trying to view it on my phone.)

Regardless, it's easier to justify spending a lot of time on something that others can view. That's kind of how this page started, I would email updates to a buddy of mine, Jed, and he'd view it on his phone. Down in Beloit, sitting at the bar with Jed, Seth and Travis Aune, we were discussing someone in the system and Jed pulled it up to look at. Seth told me to send it to Brock and the rest is history. (Though the troubleshooting that Brock had to do today was probably enough for him.)

I'm glad you enjoy it. I'm glad people use it. It's not perfect but it's a lot of information in one place and that was the design. And plus, once you pour so much time into something, you can't not update it!

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 743 Times in 415 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Heh, glad to do it. This reference is invaluable. I check it fairly often when I'm too lazy to check teh googlez for information on a specific player.

Not quite as detailed information wise, but a nice visual look at Twins rosters, majors and A-ball above in the minors.

2013 Minnesota Twins Roster - Majors View

Blog Entries
    Pretty quiet last couple of weeks in Twinsland. Today the news came that Blackburn is having wrist surgery and will be in a cast for six weeks. That makes his destined for Rochester's Disabled List.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Jeremy (and anyone else, for that matter):

Having just completed writing a series of articles for Knuckleballs looking at potential 2013 Cedar Rapids Kernels, it strikes me that there seem to be a LOT of ballplayers in the Twins organization that really should be playing at the Class A level some time during 2013. I ended up including almost 50 ballplayers and most of them had some degree of success in Elizabethton in 2012 and I'm sure I overlooked several. On top of that, if 2012 is any indication, it wouldn't be surprising if a couple of 2013 draft picks get promoted to Class A before 2013 is over.

Is this normal? How many players would typically play for a Class A team in a given year? 50+ seems like a high number to me.

As I was researching the series, it appeared to me that moving up the signing deadline for draft picks could be contributing to a little bit of a bottleneck. In 2011 and before, a draft pick that waited until the signing deadline to ink a deal often didn't play at all in the organization that summer. They might do Instructs in the fall, but their first "real" minor league action came the following June with one of the Rookie League teams.There were a handful of 2011 draft picks in that category.

With the signing deadline moved up in 2012, all of the 2012 picks were signed in time to join Rookie League teams in July... just a short time after those late-signing 2011 draft picks saw their first action.

The result is that it seems like there are about 40 guys who, due to their age and level of experience last year, really SHOULD start their first year of "full season" ball this April. I'm glad I didn't try to predict the 25 guys who actually will make up the Opening Day Kernels roster, because I don't think I could have whittled it down that far.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 125 Times in 67 Posts
    I wish Terry Ryan put in this much time and effort into improving the product on the field!!

Blog Entries
    JC- I count 38 guys above who played in Beloit last year. There's been a handful released since last year and probably a half-dozen more who should/could have played there, so 50 probably isn't a stretch.

The overall depth is better, yes ... and some if that has to do with the earlier deadline. Regardless, CR should be good.

Blog Entries
    January 17 update:

Drew Butera avoided arbitration and signed for 700K. That adjusted projected team salary is still under $80 million.

Also of note, the players in the organization that are playing in the WBC are noted (and shaded red). You can find that information on the projected rosters.

Blog Entries
    January 19 update:

Brian Duensing reached a deal that will pay him $1.3 this year. (Very near projection.) Team salary was adjusted by $75K, but team is still under $80 million.

The Twins also signed RP Patrick Arnold out of an independent league. He's been placed on Fort Myers roster.

Blog Entries
    January 20 update:

Dave St. Peter responded to a Twitter question from "Fanatic Jack" Steal in regards to some uniform questions.

Updates include Pelfrey (37) and Harden (47) in addition to Hicks (63), which is somewhat surprising because that has been Joe Benson's number in both Spring Training and the Regular Season. Regardless, when Hicks makes his big league debut, I would expect him to wear a different number (potentially 2, like both his mentors - Span and Revere - will wear this year).

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Liked 46 Times in 23 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I just came across this. What an amazing resource, thanks for putting it all together!

Blog Entries
    Mike Kennedy (@TwinsPRMachine) tweeted a photo of the almost-finished Twins Media Guide/Record & Information Book (which is a must-have if you don't purchase it) and there are a few numbers/players that are visible that weren't previously known:

Ray Olmedo - 1 (Nishi left thousands of these jerseys at the ProShop, heavily discounted.)
    Josh Roenicke - 20 (Dozier switched to #2)
    Chris Herrmann - 44 (Coach Bruno will wear the #23 that Herrmann wore last year)
    James Beresford - 85

Blog Entries
    Updated to add Bernier (AAA) and Richardson (AA).

Personally, I think Richardson has a better chance of sticking. Bernier added to help cover the losses of Rosario and Beresford to the WBC.

Also, Tim Wood will wear #43.

Blog Entries
    All players have been assigned numbers. Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Perez, as well as Harold Garcia, have been added to the organizational roster.

I also have an updated minor league roster, which includes the Dominican players as well. It's just a matter of getting them formatted. Hopefully soon.

Blog Entries
    Updated to include the 47 players that played/will play in the DSL.

There were also three Aussie and one Taiwanese signing that are listed with the EST guys.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast