Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 119 of 119

Thread: Jason Frasor

  1. #101
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    4,072
    Like
    1,804
    Liked 1,280 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    Robertson is a lefty. Different role.
    Amusing, coming from the guy that equated Brian Duensing and Mickey Storey to having the same role.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

  2. #102
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,661
    Like
    11
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Amusing, coming from the guy that equated Brian Duensing and Mickey Storey to having the same role.
    Mickey Story? When was that? a few months ago? Amusing that you would remember that. I am so touched you remember what I write.. Not really. You really remember what people write in detail? Wow.
    Last edited by old nurse; 01-06-2013 at 08:41 AM.

  3. #103
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    4,072
    Like
    1,804
    Liked 1,280 Times in 512 Posts
    I have the tendency to remember inane things.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

  4. #104
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,661
    Like
    11
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    There has been plenty here for you to remember.

  5. #105
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,725
    Like
    870
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    There has been plenty here for you to remember.
    And a heartfelt "thankyou" for all your efforts in that regard...

  6. #106
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,725
    Like
    870
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Amusing, coming from the guy that equated Brian Duensing and Mickey Storey to having the same role.
    Doubly amusing, being that he is also claiming that Maholm = Correia

  7. #107
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,617
    Like
    915
    Liked 1,267 Times in 678 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    And a heartfelt "thankyou" for all your efforts in that regard...
    What, no congratulating yourself as well? Unlike you.

  8. #108
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,725
    Like
    870
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Someone asked me to show them where a diatribe was earlier......exhibit A.
    Yes, facts are difficult things to argue against, not so hard to characterize.

  9. #109
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,617
    Like
    915
    Liked 1,267 Times in 678 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Yes, facts are difficult things to argue against, not so hard to characterize.
    1. I've never argued a single "fact" you brought up, stop being defensive.

    2. I never said anything about the "facts", just the 1000 words it took to state them.....again.

  10. #110
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,725
    Like
    870
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post

    See Miami for what that does for the integrity of the organization.
    Miami Marlins 20 year history as a franchise, 1993-2012: 1504/1668
    MN Twins 20 year history record from 1993-2012: 1545/1627

    Miami World Series Championships: 2
    MN Twins World Series Chamships" 0

    Notwithstanding this offseason Marlin debacle, at least Miami historically in the short history of the franchise, has had enough "integrity' to build and rebuild a team from scratch and then go out, under different ownership groups, and attempt (and succeed twice) in a concerted effort at winning it all.

    Don't kid yourself in your kneejerk Twins FO defense, both teams are part of the same hypocrisy. Since that's the case, I'll take the 2 WS titles by the Marlins since '97.

  11. #111
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,725
    Like
    870
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    1. I've never argued a single "fact" you brought up, stop being defensive.

    2. I never said anything about the "facts", just the 1000 words it took to state them.....again.
    When someone is perjoratively attacked (not necessarily you) with little-to-nothing to offer in substantive refutation, the facts are the best defense, even if it takes a few extra sentences of reiteration to attempt to knock some sense into the flamethrower. I'd rather discuss and flesh out the issues around a topic, but when non-substantively attacked, I find little aid in your admonishment to stop being defensive (there is no requirement on your part that you read my post as it was directed specifically in response to the attacker), the best defense against an attack is defending yourself with facts.
    Last edited by jokin; 01-06-2013 at 05:55 PM.

  12. #112
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,725
    Like
    870
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    What, no congratulating yourself as well? Unlike you.
    Facts are curious things, indeed.

    Look upthread and try to follow more closely, the guy in question admitted himself that he is mostly talking out of his posterior in an attempt to stir the pot.

  13. #113
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,661
    Like
    11
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Doubly amusing, being that he is also claiming that Maholm = Correia
    Levathian made the point that there were people a team signed who could be traded. In that sense Maholm+Correia. I guess I just didn't make it simple enough or you couldn't follow the thread. I guess next time I will have to write it in the minutest detail for you to understand.

  14. #114
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,661
    Like
    11
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    What, no congratulating yourself as well? Unlike you.
    jokin missed the sarcasm.

  15. #115
    Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Posts
    1,954
    Like
    257
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Facts are curious things, indeed.
    Especially when you make them up!

  16. #116
    Banned All-Star
    Posts
    1,498
    Like
    419
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Miami Marlins 20 year history as a franchise, 1993-2012: 1504/1668
    MN Twins 20 year history record from 1993-2012: 1545/1627

    Miami World Series Championships: 2
    MN Twins World Series Chamships" 0

    Notwithstanding this offseason Marlin debacle, at least Miami historically in the short history of the franchise, has had enough "integrity' to build and rebuild a team from scratch and then go out, under different ownership groups, and attempt (and succeed twice) in a concerted effort at winning it all.

    Don't kid yourself in your kneejerk Twins FO defense, both teams are part of the same hypocrisy. Since that's the case, I'll take the 2 WS titles by the Marlins since '97.
    personally i think the twins should sign and trade a little more like miami , that is 1 way to build a farm system

  17. #117
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,104
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    48
    Liked 1,584 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Miami Marlins 20 year history as a franchise, 1993-2012: 1504/1668
    MN Twins 20 year history record from 1993-2012: 1545/1627

    Miami World Series Championships: 2
    MN Twins World Series Chamships" 0

    Notwithstanding this offseason Marlin debacle, at least Miami historically in the short history of the franchise, has had enough "integrity' to build and rebuild a team from scratch and then go out, under different ownership groups, and attempt (and succeed twice) in a concerted effort at winning it all.

    Don't kid yourself in your kneejerk Twins FO defense, both teams are part of the same hypocrisy. Since that's the case, I'll take the 2 WS titles by the Marlins since '97.
    Miami launched a new stadium last season and was 18th in attendance. The Twins were awful from day one and still managed to be 12th in attendance in the third season of their new park.

    Miami may win occasionally but I have the feeling if you ask around southern Florida what they think of their ownership, the vast majority of Marlins fans would gladly switch places with Twins fans. Our ownership may be cheap but at least they're consistent and don't kick the feet out from under their fanbase every 3-5 years.

  18. #118
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Posts
    584
    Like
    25
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    This year, the Twins are kicking the feet out from under their Fan Base. Last place Team. Cut the payroll by 20%.
    I won't even get into the promises made to the Season Ticket Holders.

    There's still some time to change this scenario.
    Last edited by Highabove; 01-07-2013 at 04:01 PM.

  19. #119
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,104
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    48
    Liked 1,584 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Highabove View Post
    This year, the Twins are kicking the feet out from under their Fan Base. Last place Team. Cut the payroll by 20%.
    I won't even get into the promises made to the Season Ticket Holders.

    There's still some time to change this scenario.
    Don't confuse my statement above with an approval of this offseason. I'm very disappointed that Ryan has failed to sign a legitimate arm for the rotation. Still, that's better than trading off nearly every player making over $1m and not getting much in return. What Ryan got for Span and Revere is better than what the Marlins got for 1/4th their roster.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.