Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: How many home runs will Delmon hit in 2012?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

How many home runs will Delmon hit in 2012?

After being traded during the 2011 season, Delmon Young went to Detroit and hit twice as many home runs (8) in just 40 games as he did in Minnesota where he hit 4 home runs in 84 games. After hearing about JJ Hardy and David Ortiz not being able to develop power in Minnesota, its seems totally possible that Detroit could see the power that Young was hyped throughout his minor league career. What do you think?

How many home runs do you think Delmon Young will hit in 2012?

I say 27.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If he's batting 3rd, I'd say 24. If he's batting 5th or later, I'll say 16.

I say - somewhere around - I don't care. I don't want to be a buzzkill for your seemingly lighthearted thread, but any Twins fan should know by now that they DON'T DEVELOP POWER HITTERS and you should just ignore how many home runs someone hits when they are no longer a Twin. Does it really do any good for anyone to speculate on this? I didn't hear anyone complaining when they were winning pennants by playing small ball. Just give it up. And if you won't give it up, then I want a thread asking how many home runs we think that every former supposed power hitter that the Twins had will hit. Hardy. Ortiz. Cuddyer. Kubel. Thome. Heck, why not Garrett Jones? Here, I'll start it - How many home runs does everyone think Garrett Jones will hit this year - I think 19.

I'll go with an even 20. I don't think it's going to be some kind of a magical season or anything for Delmon, though.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBurgerGuy View Post
    Here, I'll start it - How many home runs does everyone think Garrett Jones will hit this year - I think 19.
    Interesting. There's a good chance Casey McGehee wins the 1B job, so my guess is that Jones hits 8 home runs.

I think you missed my point, Dave. Or, you got my point and are being facetious in return. If you are being facetious, then you sort of proved my point that we shouldn't care about how many home runs former Twins players hit.

I'd say....54.