BA = 172 OB = 209 AB = 227

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 640 Times in 250 Posts
    A couple nominees...

Matt Walbeck
    RonDL White
    Buteras
    Tommy Herr
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member Triple-A Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 56 Times in 33 Posts
    I still remember, after one of Felton's better outings, Calvin Griffith calling him "untouchable." I have to admit, every time i hear the word untouchable, I think not of Elliot Ness, or Miguel Sano, but only Terry Felton, the poor man's Ron Guidry.

Tanks for the trip down memory lane

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
    I believe that Felton was on the Letterman show.

"Highabove": I think you might be thinking of Terry Forster. He was with the Twins briefly late in his career, and Letterman noticed him on TV and called him "A Fat Tub of Goo." Forster took it in good part and went on the show. I believe he cooked ribs on the show. I remember this because my girlfriend at the time was from the same town as Forster, in SoDak.

Oh, Man, Poor Terry Felton was awful. I remember feeling really bad for the guy, but he was a bad pitcher among bad pitchers. I believe he's now a cop in Baton Rouge, LA. At least he was a couple of years ago. He was in the papers then because, if I recall correctly, his baby daughter was mauled by their family dog. I believe she made a full recovery, but Mr. Felton had to shoot the dog and was terribly shaken by it, if I remember the story. Poor guy. At least he got a taste of the show, and he seems to have made a good career and has a family.

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 617 Times in 331 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swmnguy View Post
    "Highabove": I think you might be thinking of Terry Forster. He was with the Twins briefly late in his career, and Letterman noticed him on TV and called him "A Fat Tub of Goo." Forster took it in good part and went on the show. I believe he cooked ribs on the show. I remember this because my girlfriend at the time was from the same town as Forster, in SoDak.
    I'm giving away my age but I remember that episode vividly, Letterman in his prime!

Forster was a Fat Tub of Goo though.

Felton was bad but I might have to vote Butera Jr. ......just because.

The worst record this side of having a 20-loss season. Some of us were afraid that Liam Hendriks would follow this same path.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Sean Bergman
    Denny Hocking

Quote Originally Posted by swmnguy View Post
    . . . I believe he's now a cop in Baton Rouge, LA. At least he was a couple of years ago. . . .
    Looks like he's still there. His bio says he was a sniper on the SWAT team for several years and is now the night supervisor.

Baton Rouge Detectives' Bios

drew butera by far....Ive been following since the 70s.
    Wanna go old-school.....Rick "Hollywood" Sofield

Hosken Powell
    Bombo Rivera
    Pat Putnam