Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Middle Infield Help

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    Meh. I disagree. I also "adamantly" disagree about the importance of this issue, which was really my point in the first place. I'd rather not argue semantics.

I'm now off to read about how the front office is incompetent in literally every other thread.
    So you disagree with the importance of the issue, but felt the need to chime in anyway, and respond back making a snide comment to me. Okay.

I just have a hard time reading the quotes and seeing a demand..or even GARDY himself saying he was adamant or demanding. I also find it unbelievable he'd be demanding anything considering he doesn't have a contract for next year and Ryan fired or re-assigned practically his whole staff. Gardy is in no position to demand anything.

If anything, I'm defending Ryan here...but continue on your quest to defend the front office in all those other threads...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 56 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    With Boston looking for a left handed 1b , is it posible to build a package around Justin , Harrison , Boyd and maybe Hermsen to aquire Bogaerts?
    Why don't we just trade Butera straight up for Pujols?

Come on man. Every damn time.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 117 Times in 52 Posts
    1) Being "adamant" that he deserves a legitimate shot is pretty much "demanding" that he deserves a legitimate shot. Let's not play the sophistry game.

2) Dozier got a legitimate shot. 80+ games in the bigs means perform or get sent down. Not being brought up at all means not getting a shot.
    I agree that Dozier got a legitimate shot. I was referencing the comments Gardy made, even going back to August/September of 2011 that he wanted Dozier up and starting with the MLB team. I heard that echo when I read Gardy's comments about Hicks.

My point was that Gardy could be wrong about how ready Hicks is, and even if Hicks is ready, TR could overrule him on the decision.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts

ok what would it take in your opinion?

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    ok what would it take in your opinion?
    Your proposal wasn't so crazy at all. In fact, you could probably switch out Hermsen for Benson and that would do it (no one should be THAT high on Hermsen at the moment and there needs to be a near-ready prospect involved).

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Your proposal wasn't so crazy at all. In fact, you could probably switch out Hermsen for Benson and that would do it (no one should be THAT high on Hermsen at the moment and there needs to be a near-ready prospect involved).
    This would help Minnesota sooooo much! We dont have a single standout SS prospect in our entire system. I cannot count Santana as a "standout"

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    With Boston looking for a left handed 1b , is it posible to build a package around Justin , Harrison , Boyd and maybe Hermsen to aquire Bogaerts?
    The nice thing about the players you'd give up here....is that all are expendable based on what the Twins will have remaining.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mnfanforlife View Post
    The nice thing about the players you'd give up here....is that all are expendable based on what the Twins will have remaining.
    He also completely ignores that Boston needs Bogaerts for short, thus making the trade not a good one for Boston

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Give in to their demands and include Swarzak?

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 608 Times in 232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edavis0308 View Post
    Give in to their demands and include Swarzak?
    No Duensing, no deal.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    He also completely ignores that Boston needs Bogaerts for short, thus making the trade not a good one for Boston
    True. Maybe there is another SS prospect out there buried behind an established major leaguer

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Sorry, but that is pretty crazy. No team is going to trade arguably their top prospect for Morneau and a bunch of sub-top 10 prospects. Quantity does not make up for quality. As much as I love Morneau, he just isn't worth that much. If he were, wouldn't they have traded him last year at the deadline. The other three guys are just throw-ins to try to sweeten the pot.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    To piggy-back on my last post, that is exactly why Boston wouldn't even consider it. I'm not trying to pick on JD because I see this sort of thing all the time on here. You can't just throw a bunch of guys together that aren't our top prospects and expect to get something great in return. The only way Boston would consider it (although Bogaerts is probably untouchable) is if we include a top 5 prospect at an area of need for them.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Guy View Post
    To piggy-back on my last post, that is exactly why Boston wouldn't even consider it. I'm not trying to pick on JD because I see this sort of thing all the time on here. You can't just throw a bunch of guys together that aren't our top prospects and expect to get something great in return. The only way Boston would consider it (although Bogaerts is probably untouchable) is if we include a top 5 prospect at an area of need for them.
    How much "dis cuss sion" would have been generated by proposing Arcia and other prospects for Bogaerts?

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosterman View Post
    Right now, the Twins have no 40-man roster spots. The only players considered on the bubble would be free agents like Roeincke or Wood (shades of Gray and Maloney), DeVries or Swarzak, probably Butera. They have a Rule 5 guy. I doubt they would deep-six Thielbar or Hernandez, although both are possibilities. Is Florimon also a bubble player? They would be foolish to let go of Benson or Mastro. So that is the Twins problem right now. With Haren in the wings looking for a roster spot, too.
    Being on the bubble in Minnesota, is that like being the only white guy in chino?

Banned All-Star
    Suspects for a prospect? All they could say is no(maybe while laughing) but could open dialog to start something...

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Suspects for a prospect? All they could say is no(maybe while laughing) but could open dialog to start something...
    Right. I am sure crazier proposals have been offered by GM's...maybe Sano could bring us back a real SS in trade?

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Has anyone heard the expected price range for Aledmys Diaz? I still thinks he makes the most sense for middle infield help. I have no idea if he can play in the majors. If he can a young controllable shortstop that does not cost us any prospects would be the way to go. I would rather see them take a chance on Diaz than sign Sanchez or Kellie Johnson. I know signing Diaz would be more money than either of those two but the twins should not be out of money this year.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 191 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have not read any concrete numbers but I assume the Yankees will be interested in Diaz due to his status

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123