Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spring Training - Game 17 - vs Marlins - 3/17/12

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Best part of spring training are the great stories.

Came into camp and the story was how Nishioka would perform... Hollimon has been the story.
    Came into camp hearing so much about Sean Burroughs and Steve Pearce, and it's been Aaron Bates that has been impressing.
    When camp started, everyone hated that Maloney was on the 40 man roster... now we're wondering how we can get him into more situations.
    Some had given up on Manship and he's been terrific.

I love spring training and the new chance that it is for everyone, from the start, to those coming back from injury, to the non-roster invitees. Hope is a beautiful thing!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seth, I agree with you it's been fun to watch...Do you think Michael Hoilliman has a legitimate chance to make the roster or is it just fun talk..He had to win a few points today with a great game and Ryan watching.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post
    Seth, I agree with you it's been fun to watch...Do you think Michael Hoilliman has a legitimate chance to make the roster or is it just fun talk..He had to win a few points today with a great game and Ryan watching.
    My opinion is that he is now officially in the discussions. It is likely he'll get a few more starts in an attempt to get him more at bats against big league pitchers and see how he does. Like Jim Crikket said earlier, you really can't win a job in the first couple of weeks, but now as players move down and his ABs come against better players, we'll see how he does. Odds may still be a little long, but he's giving the Twins an alternative, which is good. Plus, Hollimon obviously has some talent. He has played in the big leagues before (limited, but still, he's done it). And, I'm also a big believer in, once you have good success in AA, anyone can play in the big leagues as a role player if given an opportunity. Hollimon, as a utility player, could be just fine.

And, secondly, it is fun talk, a great story!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123