1B: Parmalee
    2B: ?
    3B: Plouffe
    SS: ?
    OF: Arcia
    OF: Hicks
    OF: ?

SP: Meyer, May, Gibson, Worley

I would consider this to be a fairly strong core with lots of guys knocking on the door that could possibly do big things by 2015. Sano, Buxton, Berrios, Rosario, Kepler, Wimmer and lots of bullpen arms. I feel excited for 2014 because we will start to see some of these guys emerge, but 2015 will be the year where we could potentially start to do some damage IMO.

Hopefully by 2015 we will have found a legitimate catching option to pair with Mauer.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Looks pretty accurate. Perhaps they draft a college catcher at #4? Jon Denney worth it? Plouffe will be gone. 3B - Sano. 2B should be Rosario by 2015. SS could be Dozier or Santana? As for the OF, I would bet on a competition between Joe Benson and Nate Roberts maybe? I think Kepler and Buxton make them all expendable by 2016.
    Last edited by mnfanforlife; 01-20-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Maybe Baxendale makes it up quickly by 2015? to round out the rotation...

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    C: Mauer
    1B: Parmelee/Harrison (might take a lil longer for him)
    2B: Pimentel/Rosario
    3B: Plouffe/Sano
    SS: Santana
    OF: Arcia
    OF: Hicks
    OF: Stopgap for Buxton/Kepler/maybe Sano

SP:
    Worley
    May
    Gibson
    Meyer
    2013 Draft pick (if one of the 3 pitchers that project as #2's are available)
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

My Goals for 2015

1. Play .500 Ball. I believe they're probably 2 years of player development away from this goal. I see about 65-70 Wins in 2013, then 72-77 in 2014, hopefully we can get to the 79-86 to Range by 2015.

2. I hope this is the year for a Shift in Organizational Philosophy. My wish is this becomes the time where it makes sense to begin to complement the Roster in Free Agency along with trading from Organizational Strength to add Missing Pieces. When I've argued for not being that interested in Free Agent Spending at this time it has nothing to do with what the Pohlads can spend or the fans want but rather what's best from a Player Development Standpoint. While I'm not confident in Dozier or Florimon being long-term solutions I would rather find out for certain how they adjust at the Major League level then invest in Kelly Johnson. Basically the next two years- I would rather win 68 Games finding out what we have with Youngsters then trying to win 75 with Veterans who won't be around on the next good Twins Team.

3. I kind of like the idea of one of the High End College Arms in the 2013 Draft (Appel, Stanek, or Manaea) although I realize the Best Talent should win out regardless of need. I understand wanting a College Catcher I just can't see one all that profiles this high in the draft.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Looks like crap to me. Nothin but hype and unproven, not even half a team, 2013 looks better than that. Day Dreamer!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    C Mauer (Joe doing Joe) / Hermann (defense)
    DH Vargas (power) / Mauer
    1B Parmelee (power)
    2B Rosario (hitter)
    SS Santana / or Cuban FA (Aledmys Diaz) - (defense)
    3B Sano (power)
    LF Arcia (hitter)
    CF Buxton (5 tooler)
    RF Roberts (OBP) / Walker (power)

(Kepler promoted in 2016)
    (Hicks and Morneau traded for more top pitching prospects)

Starting Pitchers Bullpen
    Meyer (1)
    Gipson (2)
    Mays (3)
    Worley (4)
    Diamond (5)
    Berrios promoted by 2016

I like it
    Last edited by lightfoot789; 01-20-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Looks like crap to me. Nothin but hype and unproven, not even half a team, 2013 looks better than that. Day Dreamer!
    Have a nice day!

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I do think a lot of fans are being pretty optimistic with regard to when players like Sano, Rosario and others who are still not even at AA will be making significant contributions for the Twins. I'm as impressed as anyone with some of these guys, but realistically, I think it's more toward the close of the decade before they are approaching the levels of productivity we hope to see.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    I do think a lot of fans are being pretty optimistic with regard to when players like Sano, Rosario and others who are still not even at AA will be making significant contributions for the Twins. I'm as impressed as anyone with some of these guys, but realistically, I think it's more toward the close of the decade before they are approaching the levels of productivity we hope to see.
    We will all see

Blog Entries
    Winning Teams are about chemistry and not always Saber stats:
    1991 World Series Champs
    Harper - Puckett - Mack - are only .300+ hitters
    Not 1 player had 100 RBIs
    Only 2 players had 20+ HRs
    What they had was great OBP% and Tons of Doubles
    Pitching Staff Comparisons
    Pitcher - SO/9 - H/9
    Morris - 5.9 - 8.2
    Tapani - 5.0 - 8.3
    Erickson - 4.8 - 8.3 WORLD SERIES TEAM
    Anderson - 3.4 - 9.9
    West - 6.6 - 8.3

Pitcher - SO/9 - H/9

Diamond - 4.7 - 9.6
    Worley - 7.2 - 10.4
    Pelfrey - 5.9 - 11.0 LAST YEARS PITCHING STATS
    Harden - 9.9 - 9.5
    Correa - 4.7 - 9.3

NOT KNOWING NAMES WHO WOULD YOU HAVE WANTED?

Chemistry amongst young players can go a long way.

Blog Entries
    Who knows what the Young pitchers on my above list will do in 2015?
    What the Twins need is High Energy players who feed off each other.
    Pitchers and Position Players alike -
    High Energy thru the lows and highs leads to Championship Caliber Play

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah - Some high energy Fans would help as well.

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by josecordoba View Post
    My Goals for 2015

1. Play .500 Ball. I believe they're probably 2 years of player development away from this goal. I see about 65-70 Wins in 2013, then 72-77 in 2014, hopefully we can get to the 79-86 to Range by 2015.

2. I hope this is the year for a Shift in Organizational Philosophy. My wish is this becomes the time where it makes sense to begin to complement the Roster in Free Agency along with trading from Organizational Strength to add Missing Pieces. When I've argued for not being that interested in Free Agent Spending at this time it has nothing to do with what the Pohlads can spend or the fans want but rather what's best from a Player Development Standpoint. While I'm not confident in Dozier or Florimon being long-term solutions I would rather find out for certain how they adjust at the Major League level then invest in Kelly Johnson. Basically the next two years- I would rather win 68 Games finding out what we have with Youngsters then trying to win 75 with Veterans who won't be around on the next good Twins Team.

3. I kind of like the idea of one of the High End College Arms in the 2013 Draft (Appel, Stanek, or Manaea) although I realize the Best Talent should win out regardless of need. I understand wanting a College Catcher I just can't see one all that profiles this high in the draft.
    The teams that pick 1-3 are all in need of a Starter, hitch is why I think the Twins will ultimately end up with Frazier/Meadows unless they draft for need and reach on JP Crawford who is a pure SS
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Blog Entries
    Manea LHP from Indiana State with 4th pick- We need a flame throwing Lefty to go with influx of other RHP flame throwers in orgamization. He might not be ready by 2015 though. But upside..................

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 132 Times in 82 Posts
    It is nice to dream but I think it's unlikely that half of the prospects become average or better players. And I really like the Twins prospects this year. The second biggest factor for the 2015 Twins will be how the FO surrounds these prospects with veterans. There will be tons of money there but it has to be spent and it has to spent wisely. The biggest factor obviously is that the Twins need some of this first wave to turn into average or better players.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Dreamers become bosses of those that contain their thoughts to practicality.

Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    It is nice to dream but I think it's unlikely that half of the prospects become average or better players. And I really like the Twins prospects this year. The second biggest factor for the 2015 Twins will be how the FO surrounds these prospects with veterans. There will be tons of money there but it has to be spent and it has to spent wisely. The biggest factor obviously is that the Twins need some of this first wave to turn into average or better players.
    I guess I don't quite get it...

C: Mauer, Herrman (24 million)
    1B: Parmalee (3 million)
    2B: FA (4 million)
    SS: FA (6 million)
    3B: Plouffe (5 million)
    OF: Arcia (1 million)
    OF: Hicks (1 million)
    OF: FA (7 million)

UTL: FA (3 million)
    OF: MiLB (1 million)
    UTL: MiLB (1 million)
    OF: MiLB (1 million)

SP: Meyer (1 million)
    SP: Gibson (1 million)
    SP: Worley ( 6 million)
    SP: FA (8 million)
    SP: Diamond (4 million)

RP: Perkins (3.75)
    RP: Duensing (3)
    RP: FA (2 million)
    RP: Burton (3.6)
    RP: MiLB (1)

Payroll: About 92 million. NOT OUT OF REALM OF POSSIBILITY! Also, I probably guessed high on quite a few guys for their salary.

This projection assumes Parmalee, Hicks, Arcia, Gibson, Meyer, Herrman figure out how to be at least average by 2015. This gives those 6 2 full seasons to figure things out, which I would assume is plenty of time considering how close all of them are anyways.

This projection needs 6 minor leaguers to fill small roles within the roster.
    3 RP: Melotakis, Bard, May(SP), Berrios, Wimmers, Salcedo, Tonkin, Boyd... I would hope 3 of these guys are possibly ready to fill a mop-up role/MRP role by 2015, plus there is this year's draft that could include a quick rising RP possibly.

2 Backup OF: These spots could be filled by several different names: Kepler, Benson, Walker, Roberts, Ortiz.
    1 Backup UTL: This spot also assumes that NO we have no minor leaguer capable of winning a starting spot by 2015 and that we have to sign a 2B and SS for a combined 10 million dollars. Players up for the spot: Rosario, Goodrum, Dozier, Santana, Michael.

This projection is basically assuming that our minor league system fails miserably which I don't think will happen. Some of these spots will be swollowed up by our top prospects and they will emerge as legit all-stars. For some reason, I don't think it's a stretch to think that this team could become very good, very fast starting in 2015.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 132 Times in 82 Posts
    This projection assumes Parmalee, Hicks, Arcia, Gibson, Meyer, Herrman figure out how to be at least average by 2015. This gives those 6 2 full seasons to figure things out, which I would assume is plenty of time considering how close all of them are anyways.
    Here's the issue that I still have. You just projected 7 prospects (including Plouffe) to become average or better players. That is an impossibly high success rate even for top 25 overall prospects. I am really excited about what the Twins have going on in the minors but it will probably take a little more time unless Ryan can have another Willingham/Doumit type offseason (or two of them).

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Here's the issue that I still have. You just projected 7 prospects (including Plouffe) to become average or better players. That is an impossibly high success rate even for top 25 overall prospects. I am really excited about what the Twins have going on in the minors but it will probably take a little more time unless Ryan can have another Willingham/Doumit type offseason (or two of them).
    Also, we're apparently going to go buy a legit starting middle infield for $10M a year. I'm sure that'll happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast