Thread: Article: Making a Name for Himself

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Making a Name for Himself

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    "May"-king a Name for Himself. "May" be Zach Jones (4th rounder) will become the Twins #1 prospect in a few years? Nice article Seth.
    Last edited by mnfanforlife; 01-28-2013 at 08:26 AM.

Uh oh. DJing on the side? That has warning sign written all over it. At least he was a valedictorian. Now I read the other day that Meyer is a substitute teacher in the offseason. That I like.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It will be fun to see May work through the system Hope to see him in MLB by 2015 or maybe late 2014. Thanks Seth.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
    If you haven't seen Trevor May up close, think Joe Mauer's cousin, with a little heavier build. He is a large, strong human, and appeared very bright and friendly when he signed my little league baseball. When I asked him what his best pitch was, he paused for a second, then said, "My sinker, but I've got a good curve, too."

Nice guy, but his signature looks like two unreadable loopy squiggles. In fact, of the 8 minor leaguers that signed my ball, only 3 had readable signatures, Tonkin, Theilbar and BJ Hermsen, who had the coolest looking signature. Yo rooks, learn to sign stuff so the fans can read it!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2 things:
    1 - I love Gardy. Thats a great quote by him
    2 - When will first Mauer / May rap album come out?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 47 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92107 View Post
    If you haven't seen Trevor May up close, think Joe Mauer's cousin, with a little heavier build. He is a large, strong human, and appeared very bright and friendly when he signed my little league baseball. When I asked him what his best pitch was, he paused for a second, then said, "My sinker, but I've got a good curve, too."

Nice guy, but his signature looks like two unreadable loopy squiggles. In fact, of the 8 minor leaguers that signed my ball, only 3 had readable signatures, Tonkin, Theilbar and BJ Hermsen, who had the coolest looking signature. Yo rooks, learn to sign stuff so the fans can read it!
    They need to go to the Harmon Killebrew school of autographs. That man knew how to sign a ball.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    They need to go to the Harmon Killebrew school of autographs. That man knew how to sign a ball.
    Exactly. I think we read the same article. Killebrew understood that sports figures have an opportunity to show everybody how to live. People can point to Killebrew's statue and tell their kids, "That guy did everything the right way, right down to signing his autograph so you could actually read it."

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92107 View Post
    Exactly. I think we read the same article. Killebrew understood that sports figures have an opportunity to show everybody how to live. People can point to Killebrew's statue and tell their kids, "That guy did everything the right way, right down to signing his autograph so you could actually read it."
    And a parent who puts any kind of severe lifestyle importance into the legibility of one's signature should have their children taken away from them.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    Uh-oh, this kid seems nice, but he has a pizza-face and do you guys know what that is a side-effect of...STEROIDS. Great we got Roger Clemens minus the talent coming in here juicin' up the place.

Liked 105 Times in 57 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This is a great story Seth. The way he finished last year is really encouraging. I"m worried we're overestimating Meyer, but I think we might be underestimating May.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't know. It really all depends on his control. If May can throw more strikes, he could be a strong #2 starter, but if not, he could still be a very good bullpen arm.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    And a parent who puts any kind of severe lifestyle importance into the legibility of one's signature should have their children taken away from them.
    So doing things the RIGHT way is not a life lesson you would want to teach your children?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    So doing things the RIGHT way is not a life lesson you would want to teach your children?
    Please define the "right" way to sign your name? I'm not sure I've ever seen someone who was told their signature is "wrong".