Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Reusse: Optimistic About 2013 Twins

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Lots of commentators sure seem to be putting a lot of faith in Diamond...
    Wish I had the same faith.

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sorney View Post
    Lots of commentators sure seem to be putting a lot of faith in Diamond...
    Wish I had the same faith.
    Yeah, I'm not conviced Diamond will be as good as last year much less better. Hopefully he is and I'm wrong but I didn't see anything last year that leads me to believe he will be better this year.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 329 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    Nice changing what you say and want. Nowhere in the other thread did you say Mauer. Do you also want the Twins to have a $20 million payroll and Butera as the starting catcher? What happened to win as many games as you can? Lower minor leaguers in the Boston system ready to play this year? And you call what other people post Make-a-Wish. LOL
    I know your moniker says "old" but you can't be that detached from reality in forgetting that we had one of the biggest all-time thread lengths on the topic of Mauer and Red Sox just a month ago with many of us, including myself wanting to explore what basket of talent could be pried from a club hotter on Mauer than a guy in the backseat of his car with his date on prom night.

Look, all the level-headed realists are saying has been obviously clear for some time. The Twins have 2 former MVPs at top dollar and a brand new stadium and they can't decide if they are rebuilding or getting up off the 2011 canvass to take advantage of their 2 special core players for a quick reload back to relevancy. Playing the "big-picture" game on the fence rarely, if ever works. I've loudly and constantly advocated for full rebuild, but since the Twins are going to play it in the middle, I've recommended moves that help in the long run and keep the team economically viable until the next wave is firmly ensconced. The Red Sox are where the Twins were a year ago and look at what they've done, I'd just like to see the Twins attempt a similar though admittedly-restriced and smaller economic model along the same lines. It really isn't that difficult to comprehend.

I never once uttered "win as many games as you can", I have no idea where that came from.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnurse
    Lower minor leaguers in the Boston system ready to play this year?
    Brock Holt and Iglesias are on the Saux 40-man roster now and I would be happy with either or both of them over what the Twins have. I also don't mind getting higher-ceiling guys that project to make an impact in 2014 or 15 and getting a better placeholder until then.
    Last edited by jokin; 01-29-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,246 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    The other guy will probably be a pretty darn pitcher
    I see what you there.

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hear ya Jokin... I'm not convinced that Mauer with 23 Million hanging on him will fetch much. I don't know for sure... But I gotta think that 23 Million a year will lower the return significantly.

I kinda lean toward the rebuild you are talking about but I think that rebuild would have to be done with Mauer on the roster.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    I the topic of Mauer and Red Sox j

I never once uttered "win as many games as you can", I have no idea where that came from.

Brock Holt and Iglesias are on the Saux 40-man roster now and I would be happy with either or both of them over what the Twins have. I also don't mind getting higher-ceiling guys that project to make an impact in 2014 or 15 and getting a better placeholder until then.
    Mauer has a no trade contract. You can blow all the air in the world about trading him but there is no report yet that says he even wants to move. To blast someone else for unreality in posting and come back with proposals that have no no basis in any reality should leave you open to criticism. Bogaerts by any account coming out of Boston is untouchable. Brock Holt was recently rated by Sickles as a C+ player. Igleseas couldn't hit mlb pitching last year in extended playing time. Where is the high ceiling.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345