Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Souhan: Ryan's Future Might Be Tied To Gardenhire's

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The few cheapshots notwithstanding, I'm enjoying this thread. I haven't been happy with Gardenhire for years, but I've had a hard time putting my finger on why. He seems so different from TK. I once described it as the difference between reason over emotion and emotion over reason. Too me, Gardy's too much heart, and not enough brain. I cannot imagine him leading a team to the WS. And he's worked with a great deal of talent in some of those Central Division titles, to very little result. So, for those who champion Gardy, at least I'm getting a better picture of why -- even if I admit I'm not yet in agreement.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Wouldn't happen. Ryan is way to indecisive. If the Twins somehow have a record like that, Ryan will imply that the Twins will be buyers at the deadline but in fact will do nothing because asking prices will be too high. By the time the trade deadline passes and it is clear the team is out of it, he will have sat on his hands too long and will have moved no vets for prospects.
    This!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123