Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would you rout for and follow - Seattle or Colorado?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 105 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    Thanks all for your input. I think I am leaning toward Seattle (even though I will be in the SE Idaho area where nobody lives); I saw last night that MLB.com rated them the highest farm system in their new prospect rankings. Besides, I'm just used to AL baseball, and I prefer a pitcher's dual to a slug-fest.
    That's where I lived (Idaho Falls). Many "immigrated" to there and brought their team allegiances with them. You could even form your own fan club fo the Twins (or whoever) and start your own flock. What I'm saying is that you aren't locked into being a Seattle or a Colorado (or whatever) fan.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 137 Times in 83 Posts
    Have you watched the Japanese league at all? I'd be curious as to your thoughts on how the game there compares to the way it is played here.
    The ratio of baseball games that are on TV here. MLB - 2x: Taiwan league - 1x: Japanese - 0x: Korean - 0x

Taiwanese baseball isn't very good at all. They're skinny and I really don't bother watching tbh.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    What you just said... Should have been followed by a Big Voiced Guy...

"Watch the 2013 Season on MLB.TV... Baseball Everywhere... Go to MLB.com and sign up Today" (Fade to Black)
    You've not heard me speak, apparently. I AM the big-voiced guy.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    That's where I lived (Idaho Falls). Many "immigrated" to there and brought their team allegiances with them. You could even form your own fan club fo the Twins (or whoever) and start your own flock. What I'm saying is that you aren't locked into being a Seattle or a Colorado (or whatever) fan.
    I will of course remain a Twins fan first, and I may look into MLB.TV, but I also like just listening to a game on the radio or watching on live (real) TV - hence my interest in following a (more) local team as well.

I'll be in Pocatello, just down the road from Idaho Falls - home of Idaho State, alma mater of Jared Allen (one of my new parishioners is already lobbying me to join/start a Vikings fan club).

You also will have other options to watch minor league games in person...Idaho Falls Chukars are the Royals rookie league team and the Salt Lake Bees are the Angels' AAA team.

Sounds like you've made your mind up with Seattle. Lots of good reasons already mentioned to follow the Mariners. I've been living the same dilema for the past 15+ years, located a couple of hundred miles north of your future location. I think you'll find more Mariner followers than Rockies followers in this part of the world. For me, the choice of which club to follow was mostly influenced by ability to catch a Twins game in person. Obviously, there are a couple of opportunities/year to catch the Twins in Seattle, and only infrequently in Denver. Also, retractable roof in Seattle ensures you will see the game if you travel. Also, it's nice to watch games where you have a high level of interest/knowledge of both teams. The most important thing, however, is that while you can follow the Mariners, you pull for the Twins.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    I will of course remain a Twins fan first, and I may look into MLB.TV, but I also like just listening to a game on the radio or watching on live (real) TV - hence my interest in following a (more) local team as well.

I'll be in Pocatello, just down the road from Idaho Falls - home of Idaho State, alma mater of Jared Allen (one of my new parishioners is already lobbying me to join/start a Vikings fan club).
    Hint: never join a football team fan club with your congregants. No good can come from it!

One thing you can do is get 2-3 people to share an MLB.tv account, and you can always get their radio service as well. Depending on your TV, you may be able to plug your computer right into your TV to watch the game live or use a wireless connection to stream on your TV. You can also take the radio service and mlb.tv on your mobile anywhere. It's not as well-known as it should be, but one thing major league baseball is incredibly far in the lead on in major sports leagues is internet media usage. It is really quite remarkable when you get into all the things MLB's IM (interactive media) division offers, it's tremendous.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinVike61 View Post
    You also will have other options to watch minor league games in person...Idaho Falls Chukars are the Royals rookie league team and the Salt Lake Bees are the Angels' AAA team.
    I'll second that. Bees games are a blast and Salt Lake City is only 150 miles from Pocatello.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12