Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you rout for and follow - Seattle or Colorado?

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who would you rout for and follow - Seattle or Colorado?

I'm asking for a little help. I am moving to Idaho in a few weeks, and while I will continue to be a Twins fan and follow the team long distance, I'll also probably follow somebody a little closer as well. Looking at the map, Seattle and Colorado appear to be about equidistant from where I'll be living. I know next to nothing about these franchises, other than Seattle is in the AL, Colorado is in the NL, and both are historically underperformers with projected payroll this year lower than the Twins.

Any advice on which club would be the more satisfying to follow? Which one is likely to excel in the years to come?

Thanks!
    Last edited by IdahoPilgrim; 01-29-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seattle's got a much better farm system - Walker, Hultzen, Zunino, etc - so I would probably go that route. From what I understand, both have pretty nice ballparks, if you're going to travel there ever.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    I'm asking for a little help. I am moving to Idaho in a few weeks, and while I will continue to be a Twins fan and follow the team long distance, I'll also probably follow somebody a little closer as well. Looking at the map, Seattle and Colorado appear to be about equidistant from where I'll be living. I know next to nothing about these franchises, other than Seattle is in the AL, Colorado is in the NL, and both are historically underperformers with projected payroll this year lower than the Twins.

Any advice on which club would be the more satisfying to follow? Which one is likely to excel in the years to come?

Thanks!
    I to am a long distance fan about 2800 miles from the twin cities, but managed to watch 155 games live .
    If your a life long Twins fan , you may follow another team and know there players , but you will always follow
    the Twins , because if your like me, they are in your DNA... Hope you enjoy Idaho .

Seattle's management at least pretends they have a plan for the future, Colorado's management just feels totally clueless and inept.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 74 Times in 50 Posts
    I lived in Idaho for 6 years. Allegiances are often mixed among the locals. Some relocated from the West coast, and some from other intermountain West states. They generally prefered teams from their original region. So, it's fine to stay a Twins fan--you won't be exorcized! California is generally denounced as is anything deemed "the East".

Liked 664 Times in 429 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Depends on where in Idaho... The biggest city is Boise and it's Seattle Territory... The Mariners are probably the team that will be on every night to watch. They got the majority of the state... Only the South Eastern Section that Juts out below Montana isn't exclusive Seattle territory for Media Rights... That is Colorado and Seattle Territory and not many people live there.

Apart from the TV Rights... Team against Team... Seattle would be my choice... They have better uniforms and Seattle is a pretty cool place to visit and as Jeremy said... Young Prospects that could give the organization a pretty big boost going forward.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post

Thanks!
    Colorado is my second favorite team...so I'd go with them.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Might depend on whether you like seeing runs scored or not. If you like lower-scoring games, go Seattle (don't give up many, don't score many), where Colorado is pretty much the opposite (score lots, give up lots).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    Colorado is my second favorite team...so I'd go with them.
    You and I are just going to disagree on everything obviously!

Seattle. One reason: their pitchers don't have to hit.

Colorado has two legit superstars right now and could be interesting for that reason but give me the DH any day.

Blog Entries
    Thanks all for your input. I think I am leaning toward Seattle (even though I will be in the SE Idaho area where nobody lives); I saw last night that MLB.com rated them the highest farm system in their new prospect rankings. Besides, I'm just used to AL baseball, and I prefer a pitcher's dual to a slug-fest.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
    MLB.tv makes it easy to never have to be a local fan if you don't want to while still enjoying baseball. I saw roughly 100 Braves games last season while living in South Dakota.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    Gotta agree with Nygaard. Might as well cheer for a team that's got good players coming up. Colorado is a team that never appears to be going anywhere. Seattle has looked good a few times, and it's on the coast, so there's other stuff to see if you're going to be driving a long way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    MLB.tv makes it easy to never have to be a local fan if you don't want to while still enjoying baseball. I saw roughly 100 Braves games last season while living in South Dakota.
    What you just said... Should have been followed by a Big Voiced Guy...

"Watch the 2013 Season on MLB.TV... Baseball Everywhere... Go to MLB.com and sign up Today" (Fade to Black)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I prefer Seattle. They have top prospects that should be knocking on the door soon and should provide more story lines to follow.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd go seek help from the local Sasquatch population; whoever they root for would be the team to beat.
    Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    Just be a Twins fan and then casually cheer for whichever team interests you at the moment. Being a baseball fan doesn't mean that you can only have one favorite team or that you have to live close to your favorite team. I live in Taiwan as a comparison.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Rockies are my 2nd team, it's a different game in a different league and it is nice to get to know the players in the NL as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Just be a Twins fan and then casually cheer for whichever team interests you at the moment. Being a baseball fan doesn't mean that you can only have one favorite team or that you have to live close to your favorite team. I live in Taiwan as a comparison.
    Have you watched the Japanese league at all? I'd be curious as to your thoughts on how the game there compares to the way it is played here.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luke829 View Post
    I'd go seek help from the local Sasquatch population; whoever they root for would be the team to beat.
    I cheer for the Braves
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast