Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Todd Redmond

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 39 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This offseason, Doogie has been the most connected member of the media. So I have no reason to doubt him. (Did he say something about Baker re-signing?)

As far as Redmond's desire... who knows. I would think players/agents see an opportunity for starting pitchers in Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    Is he particularly interested in the Twins, or is he just hoping somebody (anybody) picks up him because he doesn't want to have to settle for a minor league contract?
    From his minor league numbers, it looks like he's more of a flyball pitcher. He might enjoy Target Field.

The Baltimore Orioles have claimed Todd Redmond off waivers.

LINK

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 62 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benhertz View Post

LINK
    And they're reportedly backing out of their deal with Jair Jurrjens. As if the guy needed another slap across the face. Isn't this when the Twins sweep in with a 4 year, $20M deal for Jurrjens?
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 339 Times in 225 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by benhertz View Post

LINK
    Have any of our intrepid beat guys around town, on Twitter, or at TD asked the Twins why they didn't put in a no-cost/no-risk claim? Especially as the question marks around the health of the pitching staff are continuing to grow?

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 339 Times in 225 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    And they're reportedly backing out of their deal with Jair Jurrjens. As if the guy needed another slap across the face. Isn't this when the Twins sweep in with a 4 year, $20M deal for Jurrjens?
    Ben, you obviously have back-story knowledge about both Redmond and Jurrjens, anything to share on why the Twins haven't shown any interest on kicking either set of tires here?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 62 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Ben, you obviously have back-story knowledge about both Redmond and Jurrjens, anything to share on why the Twins haven't shown any interest on kicking either set of tires here?
    Jurrjens makes sense. There's a lot of worry there with his arm issues. He fought the Braves in getting work done, and he's not shown great skill coming back. His velocity, already slow, was WAY down last year.

Redmond I don't get. I would have loved the Braves kicking the tires again. He's not a guy I'd want to rely on for 34 front-line starts each season, but he's got good enough stuff to be a swingman type with some upside to even be more. Yes, he's 28 this year, so there's probably not much more upside than he's shown so far, but he's a smart pitcher that could be solid at the back of a rotation.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12