Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great work PH.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 50 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    May had a bad start in high A in 2010, and then figured it out in 2011. He wasn't great last year in AA, but in 2013 here's hoping the trend continues and he dominates. If this trend holds, it also means that it will still take him several years before he is pitching well at the majors.

The Cain comparison looks about right from this perspective. Cain was in the majors full time for his age 21 season. Ages 21-23, he had ERA's around 4, K/BB around 2, and WHIP around 1.3. Then starting in his fourth full year and for the past four years, his ERA has been at or below 3, his K/BB near 3, and his WHIP under 1.1.

Cain is only 6'3" though, not 6'5".

Great write-up Parker.
    May is the kind of guy I like to see as the org's #9 prospect, lots of upside if things fall into place. Since it's February in MN I'm only going to look at his K numbers though. That walk rate can wait until Spring. For now I'm hopeful.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 186 Times in 114 Posts
    Nice write up. I really like May's endurance. Nice to see him capable of throwing so many innings. Hopefully the Twins can help him a bit with control. If he could harness that stuff, we'd have a really nice young pitcher there.

Banned Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If he doesn't figure out his control early on in his Twins career look for him to be a late inning reliever. He could be the next Joe Nathan.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I see decent leg drive, not much torso, compact arm motion. With that body and that motion he should be able to fire fastballs all day. Unfortunately, his follow through sucks. For one thing, he doesn't finish ready to field his position. He also finishes erratically, his balance all over the place from pitch to pitch.

Make him pitch blindfolded. He needs to learn to feel his balance.