Thread: Article: The Road to Rebuild: Kyle Gibson could be key

Twins Daily Writer Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

Article: The Road to Rebuild: Kyle Gibson could be key

Banned Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm excited to watch Gibson. I'm excited to watch Worley. These 2 guys may never be number 1 type starters but they both got what it takes to be very good.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    They better be good because there isn't much behind them.

I just hope Gibson can be a Kevin Tapani type pitcher. I think he will be. Also very excited at the prospect of a Meyer-May-Gibson-Worley-Hermsen rotation at some point. And then there is Wimmers, Berrios, Hendriks and the other young arms we drafted this year that could factor in the rotation. I just think the future is brighter then it has been in many many years for the Twins. I see this group, along with our young hitters that are not to far away bringing us a World Series around 2016 or 2017.

I'm just a bit troubled with the lack of significant free agent moves, when the money is there, by the Twins. Yes, you can rebuild thru the farm system. The Twins do have a fine crop of players. Do they have 25 bonafide major league guys in the minors out of, say, 140? Looking back at the draft only, it is amazing how few guys make the majors in some capacity, and even as close as 2009, the names that have disappeared from the Twins system that were high draft picks. Good luck to Gibson on being a rock for the Twins future rotation. Yes, you build a farm system even more, now, thru international signings, and as someone else has suggested...trding proven talent for someone that another system has processed for a couple of years (I always felt teams would be better placed if they let other teams draft and pay, and th n figure out a way to swoop in and take a prospect off the hands of the team, a la the Twins doing with Weber. In a sense, they got a guy who had to pitch and show his stuff in competitive pro-ball, didn't have to pay the bonus money, and was able to draft someone else in the process...and ended up trading a proven part who has become somewhat replaceable.