Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KLAW's top 100 list is out.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries

KLAW's top 100 list is out.

Keith Law has released his top 100 prospects list and, as expected, 7 Twins made the list. The best part, they all ranked in the top 65!

#11: Miguel Sano
    #22: Byron Buxton
    #41: Kyle Gibson
    #49: Aaron Hicks
    #59: Oswaldo Arcia
    #61: Alex Meyer
    #65: Eddie Rosario

Some pretty good reads on these players too for those that have insider.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm guessing the biggest suprise for most people will be Gibson ahead of Meyer. KLAW notes that some in the industry think he may be a bullpen candidate down the road. But with the Twins lack of quality starters, he will stay in the rotation until he proves he can't handle it.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    not only 7 in the top 10, but 7 in the top 65. That's pretty incredible!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 38 Posts
    I think his order is about right, too. I don't have insider but can someone tell me what he general opinion of Hicks was?

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A lot of stuff that we already know. Really good defender with and 80 arm. Better from the right side but has improved enough from the left side to stay as a swich hitter. I'll share the last little paragraph about him...

If he develops 20-homer power, he's a potential star; if not, he's a very good everyday player thanks to his defense and potential for high OBPs.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Love this quote for Arcia:

"Arcia's hands are explosive enough that he has a harder time getting them through airport security than through the strike zone..."

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Looks fair. I'm assuming he's seen Gibson since his Tommy John. I think everyone is too low on Rosario and too high on Arcia. Rosario will ascend the system very quickly next season if he's not limited by injury. I feel it's possible that he could reach New Britain by late summer, but the Twins may hold him back because of the likely Ft. Myers playoffs. He rarely strikes out (which seems to hold most talented batters back), has outstanding contact, great power, and is pretty young at that. Remember too that he was the #2/#3 prospect in the system prior to the 2012.
    Last edited by YourHouseIsMyHouse; 02-05-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    Looks fair. I'm assuming he's seen Gibson since his Tommy John. I think everyone is too low on Rosario and too high on Arcia. Rosario will ascend the system very quickly next season if he's not limited by injury. I feel it's possible that he could reach New Britain by late summer, but the Twins may hold him back because of the likely Ft. Myers playoffs. He rarely strikes out (which seems to hold most talented batters back), has outstanding contact, great power, and is pretty young at that. Remember too that he was the #2/#3 prospect in the system prior to the 2012.
    Rosario does not have Great Power. Sano has "Great Power". Rosario has Above Average power. Rosario should be on the fast track to move through the system, had he not been injured, he would have ended up in Fort Myers in August.
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    Rosario does not have Great Power. Sano has "Great Power". Rosario has Above Average power. Rosario should be on the fast track to move through the system, had he not been injured, he would have ended up in Fort Myers in August.
    I don't know if I agree with that. There are three reasons I feel this way. I think people will tend to agree with me.

1. The Twins rarely push prospects more than one level per season. (There are examples such as Mauer and Arcia last year, but they usually stay in the minors longer than other organizations would keep them, right, wrong or indifferent).
    2. Rosario is learning a new position and NEEDS extra time at lower levels to work on footwork.
    3. I think the organization will try to keep Sano and Rosario together through minors.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Agreed

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Slow promotion or not, did anyone notice that Rosario is KLaw's top 2B? Higher than DeShields jr. and Wong.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    I don't know if I agree with that. There are three reasons I feel this way. I think people will tend to agree with me.

1. The Twins rarely push prospects more than one level per season. (There are examples such as Mauer and Arcia last year, but they usually stay in the minors longer than other organizations would keep them, right, wrong or indifferent).
    2. Rosario is learning a new position and NEEDS extra time at lower levels to work on footwork.
    3. I think the organization will try to keep Sano and Rosario together through minors.
    I agree

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    He'll have to improve defensively before he moves through the system quickly. I saw him play in Beloit last year, and he made two truly bone-head plays at second. Granted, it's just one game, and I expect he'll pick it up, but clearly he's still a work in progress.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    Looks fair. I'm assuming he's seen Gibson since his Tommy John.
    Yes, KLaw saw him in the Arizona Fall League and gave a glowing report. I am not surprised he has him ranked that high.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,260 Times in 752 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    I saw him play in Beloit last year, and he made two truly bone-head plays at second.
    Early season, or late? If it was July or August then that would be worrisome.

KLAW also ranked our system overall as #2. That's optimistic for the furture and it is good to know who number 2 works for.
    Better looking with the lights out.

Senior Member Triple-A B Richard's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drunksam View Post
    KLAW also ranked our system overall as #2. That's optimistic for the furture and it is good to know who number 2 works for.
    I really appreciate the reference there- funniest thing I've read all day

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Liked 46 Times in 23 Posts
    Blog Entries
    KLaw tends to be a bit lower on the big name pitching prospects. He must really like Gibson to have him that high on his list.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just signed up for a 30 day free trial of ESPN Insider just so I could read the prospect stuff that Law is putting out this week.
    The thing that struck me most about his comments regarding Twins prospects was regarding Rosario's floor: an everyday outfielder who hits .280 with 40 doubles.
    Obviously that's more valuable if he can stick at 2B but that seems like a really nice floor!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitz View Post
    I just signed up for a 30 day free trial of ESPN Insider just so I could read the prospect stuff that Law is putting out this week.
    The thing that struck me most about his comments regarding Twins prospects was regarding Rosario's floor: an everyday outfielder who hits .280 with 40 doubles.
    Obviously that's more valuable if he can stick at 2B but that seems like a really nice floor!
    I would think so considering only 13 players hit that combination (.280/40 2Bs) in the entire majors last year.
    Papers...business papers.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast